Anyone up for a short hop on Saturday? In need of a favor

SteveinIndy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
SteveinIndy
I know this is a bit of an odd request but my gal and I are supposed to attend a Valentine's dinner/dance thrown by the Commerative Air Force at Indianapolis Executive Airport on Saturday and I am trying to see if anyone on here who is from the Indy area would be willing- in exchange for paying for the fuel, etc- to fly us from Eagle Creek Airport (KEYE) to Indianapolis Executive (KTYQ), a whopping 12 miles going direct. I think it would be a fun way to arrive and it would be cheaper than a cab- which is $90 at a minimum- which is our only other option since our car is currently in the shop (stupid recall).

If someone on the forums is going to the event, it would be really great to ride share (regardless of whether it's in the air or on the ground). Thank you in advance to anyone who might be able to help or can point us to someone who could. Feel free to contact me via PM if you prefer.

Toyota - We're Unstoppable! Sorry..I couldn't resist. Hope you find your ride.

I'll wave as I fly over. Heading to PLR.

Flight shareing ain't what it used to be. Hope you find your ride!

Not just for Sammy's, I hope...last I checked it was still closed without "prior arrangement".

No, relatives in Birmingham, but they live on the east side, and they said to go Pell City instead of BHM.

I'd be happy to come pick you up in my Cirrus... ;) ;) :D :rofl:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that this is a bit Part 135-ish... Watch out for the FAA guy!

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that this is a bit Part 135-ish... Watch out for the FAA guy!

Technically as long as I don't pay the pilot for his services and simply reimburse for the fuel, then how is it Part 135? I know this is the way a lot of my PPL friends get around the need for a commercial license to get "paid" for their services as a pilot when hauling friends and family around. I am probably missing something here in regards to the rules.

Because you don't have a common purpose. The way you worded your initial request makes it a part 135 op.

Back