Anyone Ready for Spring?

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Knox County Regional Airport KRKD is about 6nm straight ahead from this, Hathorn Point, Cushing, Maine. (December 31, 2012) Which is not to say that the "Point" was spared from either of the two storms during Christmas week.

The latter image: It's almost as though "Gramp" Olson, reading the newspaper and lighted by the south-southwestern sun, got up to pull the shades for sister Christina who was posing for Andy Wyeth. So many memories from so long ago, attached to this art world icon. Happy New Year to everyone!

HR

Attachments

• DSC02530 (Pan).JPG
    DSC02530 (Pan).JPG
    7 MB · Views: 28
  • DSC02535 (2).JPG
    DSC02535 (2).JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 23
  • DSC02539 (3LC).JPG
    DSC02539 (3LC).JPG
    581.2 KB · Views: 18
Naw...... Winter just started........

Was -29 here this morning...

Our 6 weeks of Winter just started. But to answer your question, yes I'm ready for Spring.

We got 8 inches of snow! And tomorrow it will be 52 and melting :)

Nah. I want to see how big the icicles get.

icicles.jpg

-Rich

I hate spring. All those damn northern girls come down here and start taking all their clothes off. It makes it really hard to drive.

It was a glorious winter day here...clear blue skies and mid-20s! Flew with three primary students (one was her first lesson) and it couldn't have been a better day for newbie pilots. Two will probably solo in the next week! Hope tomorrow is the same!

Naw...... Winter just started........

Was -29 here this morning...

What Ben said! We have about 8 months of winter... aka 8 months of AWESOME. I really want to be an Alaskan Bush Pilot... anyone else have that urge?

I'm so ready! My hangar at PVU is iced up and I can't get into it.

Been 32F all week when I leave for work at 4am, warming to mid 45s early this week by mid afternoon. Temps drop quick when the sun disappears. Got to 55F today, but still forecast cold low 30s in the morning.

Supposed to warm up next week, but we've got another storm front coming through late Sunday.

What Ben said! We have about 8 months of winter... aka 8 months of AWESOME. I really want to be an Alaskan Bush Pilot... anyone else have that urge?

Could be fun but I'm ineligible since I passed my checkride, and I keep my plane in annual and airworthy.

Hanger doors are completely iced up. Looks like the spud bar in the morning to get that crap cleared out. Now I just need to figure out how to maneuver the pile of snow that I think is too high for the wing to clear. Hope that pile melts a foot or so before next weekend.

46 degrees here today, no snow, no rain either.

I feel so sorry for you guy that have 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad skiing.

Currently:

IMG_1654.jpg

In about 6-8 weeks.

IMG_1669.jpg

When it looks like the bottom pic, the chick in the middle will be happy because she can park the thing on the right and start riding the thing on the left.

IMGP0025_zpsb0411685.jpg

Do not be too hard on yourselves. It's not that you did anything wrong per se. You are simply living in the wrong hemisphere.

Attachments

• in the garden.jpg
    in the garden.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 11
It was 36 degrees in Tokyo yesterday - but I saw a few daffodils and one tree with cherry blossoms out.... spring can't be THAT far behind...

Back