Anyone on PoA Using Strava and riding their bike?

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Besides @Sac Arrow, who else is a regular bike rider and using Strava to log their activity?

I am getting active again on my bike since, like many, I finally reached the point where I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Plus not happy that other health metrics aren't where they should be.

It would be nice to share our rides and support one another. What do you guys think?

Definitely join the POA group. A few of us are active. I got back into just doing some trainer workouts recently. Supposed to do HH100 next month in wichita falls. Although actual 100 miles is doubtful for me.

Join the Strava POA club. Few of us are active.

My locale is sadly non-conducive to drawing genitalia with one's riding routes.

Yup, fits and starts this season, going to be 100 here tomorrow, we melt at those temps

Joined the club on Strava.

Now if I could just figure out which real name equals PoA screen name.

Most of my rides are on Alltrails or Wikiloc.

I'll go look at Strava.. ;)

Last edited:
Not on Strava but probably will add it soon. I’ve been riding a lot of new-to-me trails and it’d be nice to have some trail visibility and whatnot. I had my first wreck this week in FTW because I came in a little hot on a descent and turn at the bottom, lol. Most of it was just front tire hitting sand, but had I known the turn was that tight I might have slowed up a bit.

Too dang hot here. When it cools down, I’ll jump on the MTB again. Hope to do some trips in the plane to western NC and NW Arkansas this fall to ride. After I get my fitness back up of course...

Too dang hot here. When it cools down, I’ll jump on the MTB again. Hope to do some trips in the plane to western NC and NW Arkansas this fall to ride. After I get my fitness back up of course...

It was close to 100F when I rode in Aledo,TX this week. It wasn’t as bad as I anticipated, but there was a decent southerly breeze that only got killed when in the valley/creek areas with lots of trees and underbrush. I definitely had the hydration pack on though and stopped about midway through the 6-mile to recharge for a few minutes.

You all ride in some flat ass areas
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
Except for TAMU, I spent my whole life at 25’ above sea level! But i almost only ride on the trainer anyway!

My miles have gone up since retiring - If I can finally get my damn house sold, they'll get more consistent. The POA Strava club is a fun motivator. I missed riding today thanks to fitting my 56cm Fuji Transonic into my Archer this week for a trip to Florida. Worked great, but forgot to bring the wedge that locks the seatpost home from the airport yesterday. In the greater ATL area, if you aren't on the road in the early am, you are car bait. So no ride today. Have to hit it hard tomorrow to get a "top 3" in POA :).

For August, shall we set a reach goal of number of combined miles ridden? How many? 3,000? 5,000?

Jumped on the stationary bike and a comfortable 30 minutes on-demand ride at a higher than normal cadence and resistance. Felt so good afterwards, I found another 20 min + 10 min cool down ride.

Proud of myself for doing 60 minutes after burning the couch potato card I have had for 2.0 years on Wednesday.

Looking forward to more rides and slow improvements.

I got a new KOM today. It was hot, almost 90F, and about 60% humidity, but I cranked out a nice ride with a little over 2300' of vertical. Took my time compared to my usual pace due to the heat, and because I have to work this evening. I like comparing segments to other riders and crushing my old records every now and then.

Hot and Humid in ATL - Did just over 41 miles today at a decent pace. First time in a long time at that distance that I felt like I had more in the tank. There's a group that does a Tuesday and Thursday night ride which is tough due to traffic, but they have some cool routes through subdivisions - I spitting distance of some KOM's on that ride and one in my weekend route. Might have gotten it this am, but a few too many IPA's last night :)

Hot and Humid in ATL - Did just over 41 miles today at a decent pace. First time in a long time at that distance that I felt like I had more in the tank. There's a group that does a Tuesday and Thursday night ride which is tough due to traffic, but they have some cool routes through subdivisions - I spitting distance of some KOM's on that ride and one in my weekend route. Might have gotten it this am, but a few too many IPA's last night :)

I ride better after beers the night before. IPAs are seriously over-rated and oversaturated. Dump enough hops into the brew kettle and you can hide the most grievous of flaws in a beer. ;) Try more exciting creative beers, like sours, Belgian Wits, craft lagers... even a good Scottish Ale is hard to brew well, so if you find one you should drink it. As far as getting those KOMs, pedal like your life depends on it and just imagine how good the next beer is gonna taste while you savor that little medal on your Strava page. :)

I'll get back to my riding schedule when I get home next weekend. I've been slacking for the last couple of years...

Thanks for the push...

Back