Anyone near Angel Fire, NM or Pueblo, CO?

Danos

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i And I Survive
I'm in Angel Fire till the 6th and stopping over in Pueblo most likely on Monday. All there is to do here is ski, and I'd be ****tin' you if I told you I like playing in the snow. If you're in the area, maybe we can meet up.

Last edited:
even if you don't like skiing, they have a nice bar next to the slopes - bright, fun, good views, fun folks last time I was there.

I think Ill venture out and see if there's some hiking. This place IS amazingly beautiful to look at :). Just figured it would be nice to meet one of you guys while I'm here.

I'm busy prepping for board meeting on Tuesday so can't meet in Pueblo on Monday. Besides, the 'kota is still in Tulsa. Maybe Murphey and/or Eric (ejensen) are around.

Wish I could have come, it would have been an awesome day to play in the mountains. I think the closest poa-ers to axx are maf, elp, maybe saf/abq?

Can't go Monday. Otherwise I'd have an excuse for a KPUB burrito.

I'm in Angel Fire till the 6th and stopping over in Pueblo most likely on Monday. All there is to do here is ski, and I'd be ****tin' you if I told you I like playing in the snow. If you're in the area, maybe we can meet up.

Rats. Monday is physical therapy for shoulder-slipped on the ice, protected the knee that had surgery 10 days earlier and trashed the shoulder.

How about Sunday? (3/4/12)

Wish I could have come, it would have been an awesome day to play in the mountains. I think the closest poa-ers to axx are maf, elp, maybe saf/abq?
It's a beautiful day near AXX today. Yesterday was a MUCH different story tho. We left from Trenton yesterday and had a fuel stop in Salina KA. We topped that storm system over the Midwest at about 43K. It was truly ugly! When we got to Salina we checked the weather at AXX and it was socked in pretty good, something like 500/1/2 so we went for Santa Fe and drove to Angel Fire. It was my first mountain approach, very sobering! Talk about a zero error environment! ATC brought us down to the MSA which was 14K. Every now and then I could see the mountain tops right below us thru the breaks in the clouds we were in. Then came the freezing rain. We couldn't get a visual on the airport until we broke out of the other side of the clouds 8K directly above the field. Half the airport was covered in snow pellets, the other half was clear, Both ends of the runway had taliwinds. It was quite possibly the most interesting approach I've ever taken part in.
I tip my hat to you dudes and dudettes who brave the mountains. They bring the pain. Fortunately, the Captain I'm with on this trip has a butt-ton of mountain experience in the Lear and this is turning out to be one of those trips I'm learning volumes on.

Last edited:
Rats. Monday is physical therapy for shoulder-slipped on the ice, protected the knee that had surgery 10 days earlier and trashed the shoulder.
Ouch! No YaksTraks?

Ouch! No YaksTraks?

Mid-January...absolutely clear & dry. I found the only tiny patch of ice on the sidewalk while walking the dog. An unbelievably expensive tiny patch of ice.

I've discovered YakTraks don't work well on slick ice such as you find on skating rinks.

Which brings up a great idea....Pueblo for lunch on Sunday, 3/5? About 11:30 am or so?

I'm working tomorrow. Actually starting tonight...

Which brings up a great idea....Pueblo for lunch on Sunday, 3/5? About 11:30 am or so?
Awesome idea! Although Monday would be a better deal for me too. I'll be in transit tomorrow (driving) and I'm not sure what time I'll be getting in. The Captain I'm with has to go to DMV and renew his DL on Monday, so there's a strong possibility there. I have to see how the timing turns out. I know he'll be up for lunch as well.

Okie dokie. The one-millionth KPUB burrito run. ;-) What time? Paul in COS is headed to RTN. I couldn't persuade him to stop at PUB.

Okie dokie. The one-millionth KPUB burrito run. ;-) What time? Paul in COS is headed to RTN. I couldn't persuade him to stop at PUB.
Sometime around 11:30? I need to be back around 1:30 or so.

Karen and I are here but no Murph? We were runnin' late, did ya already head back Murph? :)

Murph had to bag. No worries. Nice flight. Bumpy near Pikes Peak and KCOS, nothing new there. ;)

Murph had to bag. No worries. Nice flight. Bumpy near Pikes Peak and KCOS, nothing new there. ;)

Excuuuuuuuse me! The forecast was freezing level at 9500, which just happens to be the altitude FTG-PUB to get over the Palmer Divide.

So I put more RTV around the engine baffles and hope that solves the high CHT problem on the #3 cylinder. I'll check it Monday morning.

Heh. Freezing requires moisture. :)

Wasn't any water to freeze anywhere today. Dry, dry, dry. ;)

Temp/Dewpoint spreads were something like 17/-12 today. Blue sky everywhere. :)

Little bumpy near Pikes Peak as always with the warming downslope winds. Looks like 60F+ tomorrow in KDEN! Spring has sprung!

Still some snow on the higher elevations of Monument Hill and ridgeline but everything else was dry as a bone. Cattle were all hanging around the water tanks out near KLHX.

Hope the hoarde of mechs can figure out your hot cylinder. ;) Sorry I can't help with Montrose trip!

Back