Anyone in Tulsa tomorrow?

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
I'm flying into Tulsa in the afternoon to Lyon airport and looking for dinner and a ride to my hotel. I'll buy dinner and some hangar talk. The hotel is off Memorial/44- tha Hampton.

Any takers for free chow in exchange for a ride?

Taxi ride will be about $28 for 13 miles...Id rather buy someone dinner instead.:yes:

Well now, looks like the runway is being reported as totally suckie at young so I guess I'll go to TUL now.

Anyone want free chow on me?

I was just there a couple weeks ago, stayedin the same hotel. I drove to Riverside airport to chat with the CAF guys and the drive wasn't much more then Tul.

Well now, looks like the runway is being reported as totally suckie at young so I guess I'll go to TUL now.

Anyone want free chow on me?

I fly in to Harvey Young from time to time. It is what I would classify as a "suckie" runway by normal standards, but it's not terrible. It's narrow, and fairly bumpy, but it's safe if it's long enough for you and your bird. I have no qualms about flying the 182 in there.

SoonerAviator was kind enough to do some recon on 1H6 for me last year when I was debating about landing there. Here's the thread:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80260&highlight=harvey+young

I am actually picking my brother up at RVS tomorrow afternoon, but unfortunately, I need to be in and out.

Last edited:
Hi. You still looking for a ride? I live close to TUL.

What time? I fly in to TUL late morning, but I'm pretty close so I might be available.

Last edited:
I fly in to Harvey Young from time to time. It is what I would classify as a "suckie" runway by normal standards, but it's not terrible. It's narrow, and fairly bumpy, but it's safe if it's long enough for you and your bird. I have no qualms about flying the 182 in there.

SoonerAviator was kind enough to do some recon on 1H6 for me last year when I was debating about landing there. Here's the thread:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80260&highlight=harvey+young

I am actually picking my brother up at RVS tomorrow afternoon, but unfortunately, I need to be in and out.
Yup still in the same condition, grass runway should be in good shape since it's been dry for a while with warm temps the past few days.

$28 for a 13-mile taxi ride? I don't believe that for a minute.

It's probably $28 just to get in the car.

Supposedly, there is a really good diner next to Sparks Aviation at KTUL.

And someone else to go bug at KTUL is James Aydelot, aka TulsaWeather.

Evelyn's is probably the restaurant you're thinking of. I've never eaten there since I'm rarely on the GA-side of TUL, but it gets good reviews for a country kitchen restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. You still looking for a ride? I live close to TUL.

Yes I am. I plan on leaving Conway around 230 for a 430ish arrival at Tulsa Air. :D:yes:

Dinner, your choice, is on me if you are avail!

What time? I fly in to TUL late morning, but I'm pretty close so I might be available.

430ish says Foreflight. Maybe Aunt Peg, you and I can all grab chow? A Mini POA meet up?

Hubby will be getting off at 4:00 and it takes about 30 minutes to get to Tulsair, so we will be there then. What is your tail number? Knowing that will make it easier for us to get past the gate. Do you have much luggage? I'm the fat old woman wearing a cowboy hat and boots.

It would be nice to finally meet Sooner Aviator, too.

There are a bunch of eating places east of Southroads Mall on 41st, so we can choose a place there that we all like. Hampton Inn is about a mile away from there.

Last edited:
Hubby will be getting off at 4:00 and it takes about 30 minutes to get to Tulsair, so we will be there then. What is your tail number? Knowing that will make it easier for us to get past the gate. Do you have much luggage? I'm the fat old woman wearing a cowboy hat and boots.

It would be nice to finally meet Sooner Aviator, too.

There are a bunch of eating places east of Southroads Mall on 41st, so we can choose a place there that we all like. Hampton Inn is about a mile away from there.

I'll PM you my details. I do have a small suitcase and a large pelican case with a couple smaller bags. It all should fit in a sedan trunk.

Sooner- you game?

I'll PM you my details. I do have a small suitcase and a large pelican case with a couple smaller bags. It all should fit in a sedan trunk.

Sooner- you game?

That sounds suspicious...

Sooner- you game?

Darn. Sounds like I have to vacuum the back.

I'm in, I guess I'll let Auntie do the tough work since you seem to have worked it out already and I can meet you guys at whatever restaurant you decide on. I'll PM you the cell info. Winds out of the south 13G20, but are pretty much down the runway, nothing but CAVU today and 67 degrees!

Cool. Send a PM to Peggy. She is making plans. I talked to her via PM. Her hubby is coming, so it will be a party now!!

Big props to Sooner and Aunt Peg for the hospitality and ride. Had a great get together and some Japanese food too!

Glad to have you in town. It was good to meet you and some Airmen Acres residents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back