Anyone heading to Cactus Fly-in?

Brian Austin

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Austin
http://www.cactusflyin.org on March 4th and 5th.

I'll be there on Saturday morning, probably for a few hours minimum. Driving down since the air traffic there kinda scares me.

Of course, pics posted upon my return. A new Canon 20D with a 1Gb card should be FUN to play with!

OOH! I am supposed to come down to AZ for a few days!

Sounds like a good plan! How bad is the traffic? I am either coming in my plane (possible, but unlikely) or will use the one that I typically rent while in AZ.

S.

sshekels said:
OOH! I am supposed to come down to AZ for a few days!

Sounds like a good plan! How bad is the traffic? I am either coming in my plane (possible, but unlikely) or will use the one that I typically rent while in AZ.

S.
It's like any other fly-in. Moments of chaotic activity, a few tempers flaring, everyone jockeying for position and the occasional idiot who wants to do an ILS approach and a touch and go while the Ford Trimotor is on approach.

Fun to watch and listen to on the transceiver but I'm not really interested in putting myself into it at this point in my PPL life. Not comfortable enough.

Its SE - 145 degrees, and 31 miles from Phx Sky Harbor.

Actually, I fly right between Tucson and Phoenix on the way to San Diego Friday. Some friends asked if I could stop in. May try to get a bite to eat and continue on to San Diego.

Dave S.

Dave Siciliano said:
Actually, I fly right between Tucson and Phoenix on the way to San Diego Friday. Some friends asked if I could stop in. May try to get a bite to eat and continue on to San Diego.

Dave S.
Where are you stopping on Friday? I work in Chandler, which has a decent restaurant on the airfield nearby.

Brian - What time are you heading over? I am coming into Phx on Thurs, and plan on doing some flying on Sat. I may swing by! It would be fun too hook up!

Anyone else coming?

Scott

sshekels said:
Brian - What time are you heading over? I am coming into Phx on Thurs, and plan on doing some flying on Sat. I may swing by! It would be fun too hook up!

Anyone else coming?

Scott
I'll probably be there from about 10:00am to 1:00pm or so. I usually do a walkthrough of the planes first, then go look in the vendor's area, then back to the truck for my folding camp chair and park it under a friendly pilot's wing to watch the planes come in and out. Camera in hand constantly, of course. ;)

If you're heading over, let me know. I'll PM you my cellphone number and we can meet up somewhere.

So is it going to be nice? I am here, have a plane ready, and hope to swing by!

I come ALL the way to AZ, and I get RAIN! Whats up with that!

Assuming I make it, I'll look for you Brian!

S.

sshekels said:
So is it going to be nice? I am here, have a plane ready, and hope to swing by!

I come ALL the way to AZ, and I get RAIN! Whats up with that!

Assuming I make it, I'll look for you Brian!

S.
I'm watching the weather closely. From my house in north Phoenix, it's about 1.5 hrs to Casa Grande. I'm not making the trip if I'm going to need an umbrella.

With any luck, it will stay dry for a while.

Back