anyone going to KIOW May 20/21?

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Eastern Iowa Big Boy Toy show or something like that at the Iowa City airport. I believe it is being organized by Jay Honeck from Alexis Park Inn. Classic Cars, Choppers, and Airplanes. Pancake Breakfast Sat. and Sun. morning. Hangar dance Sat. night. I am definitely going to be at the hangar dance Sat. Anyone else? You dont have to dance with me!

Wings Fly-B-Q you cretins!!!!!!!!

sorry ed, adam, others, i like you guys but would rather dance the night away w/ the gf.

tonycondon said:
sorry ed, adam, others, i like you guys but would rather dance the night away w/ the gf.

I'll be there, but only if I can dance the night away with your gf. ;) :rofl:

Does she have a sister? :dunno:

no and no kent. sorry
i could try to find something for you though!

tonycondon said:
no and no kent. sorry
i could try to find something for you though!

Naah, that's OK... Thanks anyway. I have someone in mind to ask to a hangar dance right around then. I wanted to go to the one at So. St. Paul because they have an hour of dance lessons at the beginning, but she's graduating that day. (I actually thought about asking an ex of mine who lives up there to go to that one just for the lessons! :no:)

I was actually kind of planning on the one in Blaine, MN that same day. Do you know if the Iowa one has any sort of dance instruction? That would make it a lot more fun for us dance-challenged folks. I have a cousin who used to instruct in that stuff, but he's in NM. :dunno:

kent, i dont think so, but dang thats a good idea. most of us pilot types seem to be not the dancing type.

tonycondon said:
kent, i dont think so, but dang thats a good idea. most of us pilot types seem to be not the dancing type.

Yeah. I hear tailwheel pilots can dance though. ;) :happydance:

Maybe I'll have to find a date for the previous weekend too, though I should probably wait and see how much family I'll have in town, as my brother is graduating as well.

ug i was on the Iowa City fly ins website and it made no mention of a Hangar Dance. Turns out the city wouldnt let them sell alcohol on public property and liability insurance was prohibitive, what a crock. Looks like i need to find something else to do that night...
:(

tonycondon said:
ug i was on the Iowa City fly ins website and it made no mention of a Hangar Dance. Turns out the city wouldnt let them sell alcohol on public property and liability insurance was prohibitive, what a crock. Looks like i need to find something else to do that night...
:(

Tony,

That sucks! :(

However, you could fly up to Blaine, they're having one that night (Sat. 20th) too. See http://www.eaachapter237.org/ for details.

Kent, who knows i might make the trek. Im hoping to fly my glider that day, and if the soaring is good that could turn into an all day event. We'll see if i got the dough to fly up too, dumping it all into this engineless airplane, and loving it :)

Back