Anyone going to Johnson Creek?

Huckster79

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Huckster79
Any fellow POAers going to be dropping into Johnson creek next week? 27th-31st?

my gang from Michigan is planning on being there again, I can’t wait! My 14 year old is going with me this time, though his mom won’t let him fly with me that far... he’s taking commercial to Boise and I’ll fly to KMAN after landing at J Creek Sunday to tie down for the week and grab him in a rental car n drive back in Monday...

If you’re going to be there let me know and we can say hi!

Didn't know it was a thing. I'll give ya a head start though. Let's see, I could probably let you get to Billings before I preflight....:D

Didn't know it was a thing. I'll give ya a head start though. Let's see, I could probably let you get to Billings before I preflight....:D

Last year I mighta been the slowest/least capable bird on the trip but everyone envied me at the gas pump! Lol- gotta find the positives :)

the supercub n I would take off first the other 4 would then depart n pass us and at the fuel stops we’d all help each other to keep it fast, they would be fueled up just as supercub and I’d pull in... one stop my buddy went to move the ladder for me- I say “I’m good”, he said “aren’t you going to fill em both?” I said I did, he says “ya only got 15 gallons”. I say “yea that was 3 hour leg!” He just shook his head n walked away. Lol

what do u fly?

Last year I mighta been the slowest/least capable bird on the trip but everyone envied me at the gas pump! Lol- gotta find the positives :)

the supercub n I would take off first the other 4 would then depart n pass us and at the fuel stops we’d all help each other to keep it fast, they would be fueled up just as supercub and I’d pull in... one stop my buddy went to move the ladder for me- I say “I’m good”, he said “aren’t you going to fill em both?” I said I did, he says “ya only got 15 gallons”. I say “yea that was 3 hour leg!” He just shook his head n walked away. Lol

what do u fly?

Fuel hog by comparison. Comanche. 150+ on 13 and some change/hr. But I also don't have to pack light. Useful load is just shy of 1300lbs.

Fuel hog by comparison. Comanche. 150+ on 13 and some change/hr. But I also don't have to pack light. Useful load is just shy of 1300lbs.

Dang! That's a great useful ... change the name of that bird to the "Lolita Express" (not for the under-age version) :confused:;).

Back