Anyone from the Detroit area flying to Oshkosh?

SteveinIndy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
SteveinIndy
I was wondering if anyone from the southeast Michigan area is planning on flying to Oshkosh this year for AirVenture? I am looking for a ride. I should have my pilot's license by then but I am hesitant to fly into suggested a congested area until I have more experience. Feel to PM me if you prefer.

I was wondering if anyone from the southeast Michigan area is planning on flying to Oshkosh this year for AirVenture? I am looking for a ride. I should have my pilot's license by then but I am hesitant to fly into suggested a congested area until I have more experience. Feel to PM me if you prefer.
Hi Steve
Im not flying there this year but I am driving along with some friends. Im based out of PTK, fly the Land O lakes clubs planes. You are correct about flying over there as a newly minted pilot, it can get pretty crazy.

Regards Mike

I wouldn't fly in as a 2-3 yr old pilot with out extra experianced eyeballs in the right seat.

I wouldn't fly in as a 2-3 yr old pilot with out extra experianced eyeballs in the right seat.
Hi Missa
You going to Sun N Fun? Ivan and I decided to make it to Sun N Fun at the last minute. Will be there only on wednesday. Short trip but I need to be around some planes and sunshine.

Regards Mike

Hi Missa
You going to Sun N Fun? Ivan and I decided to make it to Sun N Fun at the last minute. Will be there only on wednesday. Short trip but I need to be around some planes and sunshine.

Regards Mike

Nope, could only really afford one this year and Osh was it.

Nope, could only really afford one this year and Osh was it.
Hi Missa
I can understand that, I got a real cheap ticket on Southwest otherwise I would not be making it to Sun N Fun. Hope to catch up with you at Oshkosh then.

Regards Mike

Hi Missa
I can understand that, I got a real cheap ticket on Southwest otherwise I would not be making it to Sun N Fun. Hope to catch up with you at Oshkosh then.

Regards Mike

I'll be at Osh with an ACed camper this time in the generator area! Now I just have to find a camper to rent 'cause the one I was going to borrow isn't aviable. I need a cool place to take refuge this year I got heat/Sun stroke (which ever one it is where you almost but don't pass out) almost every day and twice one day (but that was so worth it... I was pole holding for team Orcale) I took TWO 32oz Nalgene bottles one filled with water one with gatorade each day and there were gone by lunchtime. We'll hook up at Osh agian this year... we'll work it out as it gets closer.

Hi Steve
Im not flying there this year but I am driving along with some friends. Im based out of PTK, fly the Land O lakes clubs planes. You are correct about flying over there as a newly minted pilot, it can get pretty crazy.

Regards Mike
Nice to see that someone else from Waterford is on here. I've heard Land O' Lakes has some nice aircraft, although I've never seen them in person. Once I get my PPL I plan on looking into joining.

Last edited:
Nice to see that someone else from Waterford is on here. I've heard Land O' Lakes has some nice aircraft, although I've never seen them in person. Once I get my PPL I plan on looking into joining.
When you get ready to join, let me know I am on the board of directors. Missa is correct about Barrys plane, they are a blast to fly.
www.lolclub.com is a link to our website and has pictures of our planes.

Regards Mike

I really need to find a Citabra to fly... the cloest thing I have found in the area is a guy who might be willing to let me fly his kitfox but that's just for tailwheel. Soon, there may be a Rans S7 to fly, but I have to help a co-working finish building it first (and agian it's only a tailwheel, no acro) I guess I could call up Barry and see about scheduling time in the bumble bee the weekend of may 31st... It's just hard to fit eveything I want to do in when I come back for a weekend and the reason for the May 31st trip is: RED BULL AIR RACES IN DETROIT!!!!!!!!

I'll be at Osh with an ACed camper this time in the generator area!

Yep, and my truck and I will be there as well (although I intend on sleeping outside under the stars if the weather cooperates).

Traveling via Ford Excursion towing a trailer... scary. I better fix the brakes first.

Where are MY tickets ????? :confused:

And if it rains and pours please save me a spot on the floor of your camper.

I still haven't gotten any tickets! Best thing is to talk to Re-Todd He's got a room in the ren center already to party and watch from, I may be there. I'm not sure I will get any special tickets and I may have to even buy mine! :eek:

The floor is yours and I may even have a bed aviable too, but you will have to find your way out to sholler from your airplane!

I still haven't gotten any tickets! Best thing is to talk to Re-Todd He's got a room in the ren center already to party and watch from, I may be there. I'm not sure I will get any special tickets and I may have to even buy mine! :eek:

The floor is yours and I may even have a bed aviable too, but you will have to find your way out to sholler from your airplane!

Thanks Missa :)

I was really teasing about the tickets, however I am working on some or viewing places locally. If all else fails I might just circle the area at 3000. Couldn't be much worse than the 4th of July fire works. :dunno:

Hey did you know they have free big screen movies in camp sholler?

Thanks Missa :)

I was really teasing about the tickets, however I am working on some or viewing places locally. If all else fails I might just circle the area at 3000. Couldn't be much worse than the 4th of July fire works. :dunno:

Hey did you know they have free big screen movies in camp sholler?

I know, but let me know your plans for Red Bull so I can find you... We should hook up at least for dinner.

I saw the masses headding to the theater but never did go see a show last year. By the time I got done with the day I was so beat I just got a shower and fell into my bag. It was one of the selling point in getting Shane and Cassie to go. Shane was worried Cassie would get board... I don't think that's possible for a nine year old who likes to craft.

Back