Anyone familiar with Gary Glassmeyer of KX170b.com?

RussR

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Russ
(Deleted for various reasons. PM me if you want details.)

Last edited:
I have no experience, but reading this on his site:

I repair King radios because I think that they are the best aircraft radio ever made and I enjoy helping fellow pilots to keep them going.

I am fully retired.

tells me all I would want to know. He is *exactly* the guy I would try first if I had one of these radios or indicators! :D The site is far from modern, but has a lot of good info and I expect he knows what he is doing and can fix any of these things that are fixable. Good bench techs are getting rare these days, and companies like Garmin are not even allowing bench repairs any longer... you have to send it home and pay a LOT of money, even for a minor issue.

Good luck

Try Sandhills Avionics in Carthage, NC. I have used him several times. Reasonable rates and prompt turnaround. I do not know whether he works on KI-214's but he definitely does on the KX-170B's. Worth an email.

I can emphatically recommend Sandhills as well. Great guy and he'll tell you right off the bat if it's something he can handle or not.

I'm not following. It must be my slow day :)

Jim

There are lots of used 'junkyard' and salvage ones around sitting on shelves and in boxes that you can buy cheap, however it is of unknown quality. If I was using it as primary IFR navigation, I wouldn't be comfortable.

You should contact Jerry at King Avionics at IXD. He does a great job!

Have you checked your antenna connections ??. Could well explain some of your issues. Just a thought.

There are lots of used 'junkyard' and salvage ones around sitting on shelves and in boxes that you can buy cheap, however it is of unknown quality. If I was using it as primary IFR navigation, I wouldn't be comfortable.

Sorry, but I've been looking for a junkyard/salvage TRAY for a couple of months without any luck. I haven't seen a lot of KX170s on the junk market yet.

Thanks,

Jim

Such thoughtful commentary on a 6 year old dead thread. Was there a point to that “blah”?
The radio is 40+ years old, your point is "relativity" related.
My original comment is written in sand by the sea-side.
;)o_O:confused:

Back