Anybody attending Sun and Fun this year?

I noticed the heavy rain yesterday at Lakeland, (Weather report) Do they cancel some of the shows because of the rain?

Wish I could come. Is there any new announcement about the 3rd class medical reform at Sun N' Fun this year?

Last edited:
Only thing I saw regarding the Class 3 medical reform was a big wall petition in the AOPA tent for anyone who supports the reform to sign .....there is a whole bunch of names already on there

That is so AirVenture 2014. Why don't they tie up a Senator or two and have pilots write on THEM for a week and maybe Congress will finally pass this thing.

Only thing I saw regarding the Class 3 medical reform was a big wall petition in the AOPA tent for anyone who supports the reform to sign .....there is a whole bunch of names already on there

Yep, so far that is what I got out of SNF as well. I was also in the preferred seating for the airshows and they asked who is for it\against it with a show of hands.

Today was a blast!! I met the person who crashed the Mooney at Lakeland, (That is on another post). I also met Rod Machado, he is an amazing guy VERY funny! I'm glad I went this year I will also be there on Sunday, Next year is going to be OSH!(Can't go this year) Can't wait!

That is strange. AOPA didn't post an update or announcement on their website regarding the 3rd class medical reform. Was there supposed to be an announcement or event about this issue yesterday?

I forgot to mention!

While I was going into Sun and Fun on Saturday night to watch the fireworks and the night shows. Rod Machado approached my wife and I and tried to give me his weekend pass I knew it was him right away. Very classy guy and his books are top notch too.

Back