Any way to get the Garmin 430 sim working in Windows 8?

The WAAS versions seem to work fine, but I don't see an obvious way(short of running a VM with an older version of windows) to get the non-WAAS one to run. The G500/G600 with the 430W/530W also seems fine.

How about sim for iPad. I tried the G1000 from AppStore - really good. Why cant they develop GNS430/530?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

How about sim for iPad. I tried the G1000 from AppStore - really good. Why cant they develop GNS430/530?!

Money, perhaps?

Sent from my Gateway FX6800-01e using Internet Explorer 8

There is one, but not from Garmin, and not free. Search the App Store.

I tried and tried with later versions of Windows. Luckily, I found an old PC in the garage with XP headed to recycling. Works like a charm.

I also bought the G1000 for iPad. Works well.

I know it does because I've done it. I'm on a mac right now so I can't give detailed instructions but I think you just need to right click on the program and have it run in compatibility mode for windows XP.

I know it does because I've done it. I'm on a mac right now so I can't give detailed instructions but I think you just need to right click on the program and have it run in compatibility mode for windows XP.

The non-WAAS? I couldn't get that one to work. Had to run a WinXP VM. The WAAS one did, however.

Back