Any UND Allumni?

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Hey guys - was wondering if anyone here is an alumni of the University of North Dakota, and can tell me what they thought of the school after all was said and done.

Please?

I graduated in Aug 03 from UND. There was good and bad about it, but if I did it all over again I would do the same. I attended the satellite campus in Mesa, AZ at IWA for 2 years. I then transferred to UND in Grand Forks, ND with my ASMEL Commercial Instrument. I finished up there and graduated, then was hired as an instructor for 1 1/2 years. Built up 690 hrs of instructing and now am flying scenic tours for Westwind Air Service in AZ. I dont think I would have liked it if I was in Grand Forks for all 4 years because of the weather, but I am glad I was there for some time to get some wind and very very cold weather flying with icy runways and snow covered runways.

Awww, come on, three or four months of below zero (F) isn't bad at all. I did more flying this past winter when it was -25 or better than I have once the thaw started.

I'm surrounded by students and alumni of UND Aerospace out here, my current flight instructor is one, so was the one I had before him, and at least 80% of the people who work at GFK. Not sure any of them are members of this board. I'll ask my CFI for his opinion for you when I see him Wed. I haven't met one yet who seems unhappy, however, and had a chance to work with a lot of them at the UND EAA chapter's last Young Eagles event. What a cool bunch!

If you come this way for a visit to UND, Nick, let me know.

Terry

terzap said:
Awww, come on, three or four months of below zero (F) isn't bad at all. I did more flying this past winter when it was -25 or better than I have once the thaw started.

I'm surrounded by students and alumni of UND Aerospace out here, my current flight instructor is one, so was the one I had before him, and at least 80% of the people who work at GFK. Not sure any of them are members of this board. I'll ask my CFI for his opinion for you when I see him Wed. I haven't met one yet who seems unhappy, however, and had a chance to work with a lot of them at the UND EAA chapter's last Young Eagles event. What a cool bunch!

If you come this way for a visit to UND, Nick, let me know.

Terry

I'll probably go up there in the winter, to see the campus and to see just how bad it gets. If it gets much colder than Manchester, NH, it'll be tough, but I'm more concerned with the education I get :). A few years of suffering for a lifetime of happiness I guess.

When I come up - we'll do lunch or something.

Back