Any POA members live in France?

Addicted2climbing

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Addicted2climbing
Hello All,

I am curious if there are any members here who live in France. I figured maybe I could see what people are flying or possibly pay expenses for a ride. I will be in a few places over a 17day period 07/28 to 08/13. If anyone is near these places and willing to give a ride that would be great. We will be driving between these places so willing to make a detour as well...

Sanguinet France, Toulouse, Samatan/Auch, Gavernie & loudonville, Thezan des corbieres & Collioure.

We will be in the Thezan area for at least a week doing day trips to locations and I know there is a small General Aviation airport nearby.

Take care,

Marc Webster

Last edited:
I cant recall the names, but there are a couple of french glider schools that do xc instruction in glass two seaters through the alps. Not your domestic 2-33 20 minute sledder. That is what Id do, going up in c172 is jist going to be the same as.here only more $

My boss' father runs a mountain glider tour company in France, currently he's here at Osh Kosh, he'll be back in a week or so, if you'd like to take a glider trip over the French Alps, PM me, I'll call him tomorrow and see if I can line it up for you!

Here's his website http://www.airmonie.com/

Here's a video of his exploits http://vimeo.com/9430301

Last edited:
Oui. I am a French model, too.

(now, if I could recall what commercial that's from)

Merci to Google for letting me copy and paste! :)

The only thing I remember from French class is

"Ici on parle Francais"

Which was the sign that my teacher had over the door. Which I think means "Here one speaks French" because his policy was to only allow French to be spoken in his classroom. Ingenious policy for incoming freshmen (silence). 15 years ago, I could "get the jist" of what someone was talking about in French and give a probably laughable but understandable reply. Amazing how much I've forgotten. The owner of my Company is French (see my post above) and I every now and then I try to say something to him in French and it goes horribly wrong, but he entertains me.

Hello all,

thanks for the replies. I figured it would be a shot in the dark but waorth a try. Rusty offered up a place that unfortunately is just too far from where we will be. I will have to visit the alps next time.

my girlfriend has family where we will be and we have so much going on that I cant make a drive that far. Thanks again Rusty...

Marc

Back