Any pireps on i50?

Apache123

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hey, Steve!
I'm hoping to do some climbing down at Red River Gorge this year; the closest place to land that I saw was i50 (Stanton, KY).

Bonus points if you're familiar the best ways to get from the airport to the crag.

I have never been to Stanton airport, but there isn't much in the town. It is about an hour to red river gorge from Mt. Sterling (IOB) and I don't think it would be a problem to get a rental car there. LEX is always an option (about an hour and twenty drive) and you would have no problem getting a rental car here. LEX is much more expensive though. I will try to head down to i50 and see what I can find sometime and let you know.

I have done a via ferrata course there several times. The company that operates the via ferrata course also has another area for climbing that I have done with a guide. No serious climbing though. :sad: If you go down there, one absolute must is to go to Miguel's pizza. There is also a lot of great hiking there too. If you go you will enjoy it! I'll let you know if I can find out anything more about i50.

Back