Any one see the movie, 'America'

Do a search. ;)

Great movie. Everyone should see it before they walk into a polling booth again. :yes: ;)

How much you wanna bet the 'Gar' will have something to say without seeing it.....?

How much you wanna bet the 'Gar' will have something to say without seeing it.....?

I have a nickname!!!???Cool!! I'm someone! I always wanted one. Something specific, not just the usual ****ole. I did have a Latin teacher in HS that called me 'The Jess', but it did not catch on.

Do a search. ;)

Great movie. Everyone should see it before they walk into a polling booth again. :yes: ;)

You are right, I should have done a search, sorry.

Hey, did you hear I got a nickname. Not very snazzy, but still. I always wanted something like 'Reno', something with a western theme.

Last edited:
I have a nickname!!!???Cool!! I'm someone! I always wanted one. Something specific, not just the usual ****ole. I did have a Latin teacher in HS that called me 'The Jess', but it did not catch on.

Nope, wrong -Gar... sorry. He'll show up soon, it's political.

Hey, did you hear I got a nickname. Not very snazzy, but still. I always wanted something like 'Reno', something with a western theme.

Gar works! Sounds westerny!

Nope, wrong -Gar... sorry. He'll show up soon, it's political.

Bummer, oh well maybe later.

Ps. Would somone tell Chris that I am going to take my teenage daughter to see the movie tomorrow:
You know the one that asks me to take to the pistol range so she can practice with the Ruger that I got her for her birthday:wink2:

Last edited:
Mary and I saw it. It is very well done, and we left that theater with a little spark of hope for America that we haven't felt in a very long time.

Mary and I saw it. It is very well done, and we left that theater with a little spark of hope for America that we haven't felt in a very long time.

Agreed. See the thread started by Geico - I gave a PIREP on the movie. I'd be interested in your take on it.

Reno was a civil war general from Virginia. There are four places named after him, three in the east.

Reno was a civil war general from Virginia. There are four places named after him, three in the east.
Another Civil War general named Reno served under Custer during the Battle of the Little Big Horn (and lived)...can't get much more "Western" than that.

Ron Wanttaja

Another Civil War general named Reno served under Custer during the Battle of the Little Big Horn (and lived)...can't get much more "Western" than that.

Ron Wanttaja

Well, unless you count some of Colorado and New Mexico, most of Montana and Wyoming, and all of Idaho, Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona and Washington, all of which are more "Western" than Little Big Horn.

A Gar nickname on the day James Garner dies. How fitting and certainly a little western.

Well, unless you count some of Colorado and New Mexico, most of Montana and Wyoming, and all of Idaho, Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona and Washington, all of which are more "Western" than Little Big Horn.
"Western" as of "Mythos of the American frontier of the late 19th Century," not pure geography.

Ron Wanttaja

Ron Wanttaja

Wiki says that he was courts martialed for cowardice. So, lets just forget about him.

Reno, NV, the biggest little city in the world!

Reno and his daughter went to see the movie. The daughter was unimpressed, didn't cover any new ground for her. I thought that it was interesting that the warning is coming from an immigrant. Native citizens take things for granted.

Another movie of newsreel footage and cheesy reenactors. I'd rather watch the Transformers blow stuff up.

Sorry, but usually the trailer shows you some of the best stuff of the movie so you'll go see it. If the best stuff in the movie is public domain footage and cheap reenactors, what's my motivation for seeing it exactly? I've probably been living in America longer that the producers, so I am am somewhat dubious that they're going to tell me something I don't know.

With the price of movie tickets begin what they are something had damn well blow the hell up big time. Either that or someone female and utter famous should get very undressed. Take your pick.

Back