any new news on the Cessna pilots from last week?

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
I haven't been paying attn very much but the Post has had little to say about them, just odds and ends about security policy in general. today there is actually a WP chat about national security "are we ready for bio/nuke attacks" (the real problem, and the answer is: no)

woodstock said:
I haven't been paying attn very much but the Post has had little to say about them, just odds and ends about security policy in general. today there is actually a WP chat about national security "are we ready for bio/nuke attacks" (the real problem, and the answer is: no)

I was out at Smoketown yesterday, and the press is still trying to find these guys. I don't think they ever talked to them.

A very wise choice on their part, not talking to the press.

Jim G

I read in the newspaper today that the FAA is about ready to hand down the punishment. They said (if you can believe the newspaper) that the pilot was going to loose his certificate and the student pilot would get little if any punishment.

Phil Boyer said on Saturday that Sheaffer had received his emergency revocation notice the previous evening. I also have heard from inside 800 Indy Ave that the investigation and enforcement action on this are being handled by the Chief Counsel's office, not the RC and FSDO as is the norm. No word on the passenger Martin, against whom I cannot imagine what charges could be made, as he was a passenger only (at least until the PIC reportedly abdicated after the intercept).

Why should the student get any punishment at all he was just a pax who apparently saved the day when the PIC froze up!

Back