Any landing light tricks for Lance?

Code90

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Code90
We have had a recent issue with our landing light (does not work when switch flipped, though worked in past) in our '77 Lance. There is no voltage coming to the bulb when the switch if flipped.

We had discovered that the Nav lights were not working either. But after studying the POH, realized that the dash lights must be turned on by the dimmer roller in order for the Nav / position lights to come on. (Yes, this seems like a strange way to do it to me too. It's written clearly in one paragraph in the POH, though.)

Does anyone know of a similar trick to get the landing light to turn on? If not, will have to either find a way to (easily) test the switch or take it to the shop.

I just ran into a problem with our landing light as well. We have a switch that runs to a relay that goes to the light. The relay failed.

I had to take apart the switch and clean the rocker points and it made mine work. Don't forget to tighten the wire screws they will work loose in about two years and you think you have the same problem again.

Back