any KDKXers?

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
fixin to fly in, head to calhoun's for lunch, then GTFO there before the football game. does it get pretty busy there for games?

fixin to fly in, head to calhoun's for lunch, then GTFO there before the football game. does it get pretty busy there for games?

Not based there but I've flown in a few times. Cool little airport. I almost flew in last week for the SC game, called ahead and the FBO said they wouldn't be too busy with the game. I'd imagine against Tennessee Tech you won't see too much traffic.

Just don't bust the stadium TFR! Knoxville approach is great if you need them.

Not based there but I've flown in a few times. Cool little airport. I almost flew in last week for the SC game, called ahead and the FBO said they wouldn't be too busy with the game. I'd imagine against Tennessee Tech you won't see too much traffic.

Just don't bust the stadium TFR! Knoxville approach is great if you need them.

thanks. yeah I called them earlier and they said TFR in effect 1 hour before the game. I flew in there one time for a PnP flight, you're right, cool little airport. I'm looking forward to some ribs at calhoun's on the river.

Btw, Calhoun on the river before the game WILL be pretty busy. Enjoy the ribs!

Those game TFR's usually list that if you're under air traffic's control, you're free to traverse it as necessary for a safe approach to landing. I haven't had any trouble coming or going from an airport with a nearby TFR for a game.

*Read the TFR yourself. I'm not a layer (thankfully). Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Never been, but will probably file it as my alternate when I head to KGKT (Gatlinburg) in December. Let me know how it is.

Calhoun's on river will be busy there's another on Kingston Pike tenish min away but no scenery at that one. Dkx shouldn't be bad I've flown in there a few hrs before games no issues , most of the boosters and such use Tys. If your delayed dkx has a clearance delivery for Tys so get a squawk and talk and your good. I'd offer you a lift but I'll be flying most of the AM out of Oak ridge and no idea when I'll get back to knox.

Calhoun's on river will be busy there's another on Kingston Pike tenish min away but no scenery at that one. Dkx shouldn't be bad I've flown in there a few hrs before games no issues , most of the boosters and such use Tys. If your delayed dkx has a clearance delivery for Tys so get a squawk and talk and your good. I'd offer you a lift but I'll be flying most of the AM out of Oak ridge and no idea when I'll get back to knox.

Thanks for the offer tho!

well aint that a b!tch, the flippin runway is closed, that's right, RUNWAY CLOSED at monroe. for freakin painting. they're opening up the additional 2k' of rwy they recently added, but still, wtf. so plans changed, found another available plane, guess we'll have to suffer thru some bbq at The Pig!

Back