Any good repair shops for Janitrol heaters?

peter-h

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
peter-h
I don't have one of these myself but a number of other pilots here (UK) have had bizzare problems with them, and nobody seems to know how to fix them without gradually changing parts until it works.

My advice is always to look in the USA where there is far more expertise, but where?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

I don't have one of these myself but a number of other pilots here (UK) have had bizzare problems with them, and nobody seems to know how to fix them without gradually changing parts until it works.

My advice is always to look in the USA where there is far more expertise, but where?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Peter,

There are two shops that do excellent work:

C&D Heaters, sales@aircraftheater.com, (269) 695-7469 These folks will completely rebuild your heater or sell you a new one, or just sell the parts. I've used them several times with excellent results.

Harold Haskins, 334-983-5185. These folks will also rebuild, and repair your heater and will sell new. I've used them for parts and also excellent luck.

There's a strong thought, if the heater has any age, is to rebuild it or replace it. The new solid state ignition is a must and they are pretty reliable now. To keep them going, replace the plug and check the gap annually. The manual is good to have for troubleshooting, but not a lot goes wrong.

Thank you Larry; I've passed the details on.

Back