Any good rental high performance planes...

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
....near Harrisburg, Pa or Lancaster, Pa?

I am starting to rethink my ownership situation, as I am just not flying as much as I once was. The reasons for my wanting my own plane are still there, but it is hard to justify the constant expense of maintenance, hangar, insurance, etc. if I can't fly more than 50 hours or so a year anymore.

I can't find a good higher performance airplane for rent anywhere that allows me to take the airplane on extended trips. I won't rent a Skyhawk to go to Nashville for the same reason I won't drive, because it takes too long. Most any plane I rent requires a minimum of 2-3 hours of rent per day, even if I don't fly it that much. In a weeks time, that adds up.

Anyone have any information on the Cirrus SR22 at Lancaster, Pa?

Maybe I should just shut up and fly more. If only I could find the time. Seems the only time I fly anymore is in IMC, which isn't as much fun as it once was.

PM Gary Mascelli,.. one of his buddy's rents a Cirrus at Lancaster IIRC and may be able to put you in touch with him for details.

AeroTech at LNS has a Grumman Cougar for $205/hr. Technically, not HP (160HP engines), but a nice light twin for traveling. Also, Noltair at LNS has Cirruses (Cirri?) for rent (SR22 for $225/hr, SR20 for $185/hr) -- see http://www.noltair.com/.

AeroTech at LNS has a Grumman Cougar for $205/hr. Technically, not HP (160HP engines), but a nice light twin for traveling. Also, Noltair at LNS has Cirruses (Cirri?) for rent (SR22 for $225/hr, SR20 for $185/hr) -- see http://www.noltair.com/.

I realize you like Grummans, and so do I, but a Cougar isn't what I had in mind.:D

I am checking out the Cirrus, they want 10 hours checkout in the SR22 at $235/hr. Oof. I guess Twinkie isn't as bad as it seems.

PM Jim Gratton he flies out of LNS and S37 and is involved with a small saratoga club.

At JYO we've got a Cessna 400 Corvallis... doesn't get much higher performance without burning Kerosene. It's also expensive.

Back