Any good Nokia phones?

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
For those of you who did not know my job recently changed, like in the last 10 days. The corporate research group I was in has been eliminated in anticipation of the company breaking into two new companies. All corporate functions had to be aligned with one of the business or just out right eliminated. But since a portion of job aligned, I was offered and accepted a position in our networks research group.

Today it is announced in the press that group has been sold to Nokia-Seimens networks. Sale to be completed by year's end.

I guess I will be getting a Nokia phone sometime soon. I currently have a Milestone (UMTS Droid), tell me about Nokia phones? I have not been paying attention to them at all.

i didn't know that Nokia still made phones

i didn't know that Nokia still made phones
At the rate things are going, they won't be pretty soon. :wink2:

A few years back when I was following such things, Nokia had high praise for having the best RF reception. Haven't followed them, or my other favorite Sony-Ericsson in a while though.

For those of you who did not know my job recently changed, like in the last 10 days. The corporate research group I was in has been eliminated in anticipation of the company breaking into two new companies. All corporate functions had to be aligned with one of the business or just out right eliminated. But since a portion of job aligned, I was offered and accepted a position in our networks research group.

Good luck with the change, being part of a take-over can be pretty ugly. But, never know, may turn out for the better.

Gary

You survived the first round, congratulations.

Advice from acquisitions in my prior corporate life: Head low, learn the territory.

Good luck!

Sounds like you know the drill well.

Ride the wave... don't dive into it!

So did you buy your Finnish phrasebook yet?

I have an old Nokia phone in a drawer somewhere...

Scott,

From my time at T-Mobile, I learned that Nokia in America is a joke, but elsewhere, it is huge and they make some pretty sweet devices. You'll like it, once you get some of their high end data devices.

From one person being swallowed in a merger to another, Scott, good luck.

Scott,

From my time at T-Mobile, I learned that Nokia in America is a joke, but elsewhere, it is huge and they make some pretty sweet devices. You'll like it, once you get some of their high end data devices.

From one person being swallowed in a merger to another, Scott, good luck.
I will not be working for Nokia nor Nokia America. I will be working for Nokia Seimen Networks. It is a separate company. But thanks for the info. We are meeting our new CEO in 7 minutes. The merger is to be completed by EOY.

I will not be working for Nokia nor Nokia America. I will be working for Nokia Seimen Networks. It is a separate company. But thanks for the info. We are meeting our new CEO in 7 minutes. The merger is to be completed by EOY.

I apologize, I don't anything about Nokia Seimen Networks. Apparently they're different from Nokia...

Good luck mang.

I apologize, I don't anything about Nokia Seimen Networks. Apparently they're different from Nokia...

Good luck mang.
No need to apologize. Just clarifying. NSN, Nokia, Siemens are three companies and are often confused. It is just like there is Ericsson, Sony, and Ericsson-Sony Handsets. The telco industry has been in merger mania for a while. That last great run of new company names was a few years ago. Now everyone just uses combined names i.e. Nokia-Siemens, Alcatel-Lucent, Sony-Ericsson, etc.

It could have been a lot worse for us. Trust me!! This merger makes a bit of sense. The other company that was looking to buy this business would have been bad for anyone not working in the people's paradise.

Sounds like you know the drill well.
This is what it has been like at work for the past 8 years!

attachment.php

It has been a real battle since the burst of the tech bubble.

Attachments

• loopofdeath_sg.gif
    loopofdeath_sg.gif
    660.2 KB · Views: 27
Back