any good advice for 1967 Cessna 210?

rbridges

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rbridges
a buddy of mine just purchased a '67 210. It looks pretty nice, stec 50, 430 non waas, engine monitor, etc. The airframe is in the high 5000s, and the engine is around 1500 smoh. Prop is almost new.

anyway, the logs looked good, ADs are current, prepurchase didn't find anything major, incuding the landing gear.

He told me I could get checked out in it, but I know very little about the 210. I've got 300+ hours in complex, but this 210 and my mooney are apples and oranges. Any advice about maintenance or operation would be appreciated. Also, any good resources to look over?

Cessna Pilots Association (CPA) has lots of good information about 210s. It's definitely worth the cost for new 210 owners (and flyers).

If it's the one with the gear doors it would be nice if it already had the mod to remove them.

Make sure your buddy has the maneuvering speed down cold and takes it easy in the mountains. Knew a guy with a 210 who was returning at 20K over the Rockies with the family and the wings decided to part ways with the fuse. Assume he was at hi-speed in some turbulence..........so it pays to watch the speed.

It's an airplane. Grab the keys, fire it up, and go fly.

Sounds like a great opportunity.

Back