Any Baltimore Locals?

mcmanigle

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
John McManigle
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place for this sort of introduction, but happy to hear leads on other places where this type of post might be fruitful.

I'm a 150-ish hour ASEL PPL about halfway through an instrument rating. I generally fly out of KMTN and am looking for a safety pilot to build up some hood time. So if you're in the Baltimore area and either:

a. You're a private pilot (or greater) and want some free x/c PIC time etc., or
b. You're working on IR as well and want to split safety pilot duties, or
c. Have any other arrangement in mind, let me know.

Bonus points if you weigh less than 200 lbs and/or are a crazy G1000 expert (or want to play with one for the first time). I mostly fly DA20's (Garmin 430) and 172's (one of which is G1000).

EDIT: Just realized that my little plane description might make it sound like I'm all about GPS, and don't want to perpetuate that new-pilot image too much. I'm finding them to be fun and useful, but before my most recent 10 hours or so (including just about all of my IR training to date) I'd never used more than a text GPS. I've logged more NDB approaches than GPS approaches, and got through my PPL without ever touching a Cessna (mostly AA1B ).

Last edited:
Can't help, but we were just watching Alton Brown's mussel show and getting nostalgic for Bertha's.

I sent a private message if you're interested.

How you liking the VOR/DME 15? :lol:

I'm in NE DC off 295. I might considering coming up to MTN area to fly. IFR rated here and working on Comm. I fly C172 and DA40 both G1000. Let me know..

Don't know if you're still looking for a safety pilot or not , but I'm based at DMW in Westminster and would be more than happy to ride along.

I lived in Baltimore City and County for over a decade, but I'm down near DC now.
I was based at APG and 1W2 (RIP).

Back