Anti-Virus software

No. Norton demo special edition wormware virus nagware was pre-installed on the new computer because Symantec paid the manufacturer to install it as did the 100s of other "free" crapware vendors.

Your "free" Norton will nag you for a credit card number for the $29 a year subscription in less than a year. It already has bugged to pay to get the full Norton Security suite, hasn't it?

For that you get to enjoy 1/3 of the computer performance you paid for.

Sony announced that they would CHARGE customers $50 to get a new PC without the crapware.
The free subscription finally rant out. I toyed with the idea to just renew it. I even went to the Norton renewal center. But what I saw annoyed me. Once you give them your credit card number you are automatically signed up for automatic renewal. There is not opt out.

So over to the tech support page and a download of the Norton removal tool and then a trip to the store to get AVG. I would have down loaded AVG from the Itnernet, but the last time I did it my stupid credit card got locked up by Capital One. Since AVG uses and offshore credit card clearing house Capital One thought it was fraud so I had to call them to unlock the card, try again to buy AVG and then have them unlock the card again, TELL THEN YET AGAIN TO LEAVE MY CARD ALONE, and then buy AVG. Better to just get the license at the store.

Back