anti modern life rant

Oh, the irony burns...using social media to convey the ills of social media.

Self-report, who here used a mobile device to watch the pretty boy with popped collar tell you what you already knew?

Oh, the irony burns...using social media to convey the ills of social media.

Self-report, who here used a mobile device to watch the pretty boy with popped collar tell you what you already knew?

I sent it to a friend and he put it on Facebook. :mad2:

Last edited:
I've never had much of an issue with this. My phone has never been more appealing than my better half. I'm thankful for the ways I can keep in touch with her now that she's gone to OKC for training.

This morning at the coffee shop I decided to take a table. I was bemused to see 17 of 19 other customers were head down in their smart phones. Sometimes I wonder if the friends sitting together are texting one another rather than, you know, actually talk, which by the way is so old school.

Feeling someone isolated and not 'with it' I picked up my phone but for other purposes. I dropped a dime on that establishment demonstrating unsanitary food handling.

A coffee shop in VT made the news for banning phones and tablets. No idea how it is working out for them.

A coffee shop in VT made the news for banning phones and tablets. No idea how it is working out for them.

If I ever have a business again I'm not gonna' mess around with bans done by half, I'm going straight to the top. I'll ban customers. Most people suck most of the time.

If I ever have a business again I'm not gonna' mess around with bans done by half, I'm going straight to the top. I'll ban customers. Most people suck most of the time.

:lol::lol::lol: Maybe you have something there.....

You can't get people not to use their phones/tablets on an airplane.how you going to do it in a business. Bans are for everyone,but the person ignoring the request.

Burlington, now that IS surprising. Most places in Vermont, the nearest competition would be at least 10 miles away. But I think there's even a Starbucks in or near Burlington, and probably a dozen other coffee places in town.

Back