Anti GA article in Lincoln, NE Journal Star

I'd suggest that anyone who believes private jets are ONLY for the super rich has not checked out the price of a trip on a citation from a local FBO. For the price of a good first class ticket, you can afford a nice ride.

The Alliance for Aviation Across America has already issued a press release refuting the contents of that report.

The Alliance for Aviation Across America has already issued a press release refuting the contents of that report.

You are correct, but it doesn't hurt that we also lend our voices lest the editors think it is only two special interest groups arguing. We need grass roots support of GA- AOPA and the others can only go so far.

That's true. I've put my name on more than one letter to the editor on the issue. And it appears in a few letters to my congressmen, too. I can only hope that Trent Lott's replacement doesn't have the ATA in his pocket when he's sworn in after the election this fall.

You are correct, but it doesn't hurt that we also lend our voices lest the editors think it is only two special interest groups arguing. We need grass roots support of GA- AOPA and the others can only go so far.

Another reporter jumps on the bandwagon...

Taxpayers Are the Wind Beneath CEOs' Wings
Report: Commercial Airline Customers Subsidize Private Air Travel

Attention corporate CEOs: As you hop on your private jet for vacation at the Vineyard, Napa Valley or even more exotic locales, have pity on the poor sops still waiting in airport security lines clutching their economy tickets. They helped pay for your trip.
Cry babies, every one of them.

I'd suggest that anyone who believes private jets are ONLY for the super rich has not checked out the price of a trip on a citation from a local FBO. For the price of a good first class ticket, you can afford a nice ride.

I dunno... I was quoted something like 18x as opposed to flying on a 767.

I dunno... I was quoted something like 18x as opposed to flying on a 767.
While not necessarily economical, chartering a jet can certainly be justifiable, especially for a company, if you fill the seats. Remember it's the same price whether you have one passenger or eight.

Another Class Envy piece, typical of the left wing media. :rolleyes:

While not necessarily economical, chartering a jet can certainly be justifiable, especially for a company, if you fill the seats. Remember it's the same price whether you have one passenger or eight.

that might be it because for some reason I was quotes at the price x the number of pax, so maybe the online quote system doesn't work as well for charters.

Back