Antennas? Antennae?? Lots Of Them???

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
Good day to each of you.

I have a request to make. The first copper tape antenna was put onto an EZ March of '79 for a fellow named Burt. We didn't take pictures as Burt was racing to get the prototype machine (and the Defiant) done for Oshkosh '79.

Actually I have only a couple of pictures showing the antennas before glassing them in. And really there was no need for them as we had no room for them in the manual. Even if we had room, black and white printing wouldn't have done the color photos justice.

We are embarking on a new way of sending out construction plans. This new-fangled method of CDROM will allow us nearly unlimited room as well as the ability to provide full-color pictures.

The problem is no pictures.

IF any of you took pictures of your antenna installations and want to share them with current builders, I'd sure appreciate it. Here is how I'd like to get them if you don't mind:

1. I can use nearly any digital format that you've got, but I really prefer .jpg if you can do it. Zip files are fine if you want to send more than one picture in an upload.
2. Create a free LITE account from the "Plans & Sign-Up" tab at www.yousendit.com
3. The address you should use when yousendit asks who to notify should be jim@rstengineering.com
4. The free LITE account is limited to 1 file and 50MB per upload, so if you can reduce the file size to something reasonable I'd appreciate it.
5. PLEASE DO NOT SEND PICTURES DIRECTLY TO MY EMAIL ACCOUNT. We are out in the boonies and have metered service. I'll be glad to acknowledge your pictures by return email, but please don't attach them to an email.
6. I will give you photo credit unless you specifically say you don't want credit. If you want to annotate something directly onto the file by means of notes in an image editor, by all means do so.

Thanks, and thanks for all you do for the world of homebuilt aircraft. Please forward this message to as many plastic plane forums as you wish.

Jim

Back