Antarctic DC-3 Rescue

That was an amazing transformation. I had no idea that a plane in that kind of condition could just be chopped into pieces, riveted back together, and flown away.

Unbelievable that they salvaged it, that had to be right on the margin of cost of just replacing it.

Unbelievable that they salvaged it, that had to be right on the margin of cost of just replacing it.

Yeah I was thinking the numbers had to be really tight and a little creative accounting was probably included in the Engineer's numbers.

I wonder if there are any fines for leaving it there that helped make the numbers work?

I wonder if there are any fines for leaving it there that helped make the numbers work?

The Antarctic Clubbed Baby Seals Survivors Association really frowns on outsiders polluting their back yard. ;)

leopard-seal.jpg

Yeah I was thinking the numbers had to be really tight and a little creative accounting was probably included in the Engineer's numbers.

I seriously doubt there are any fines. Projects like this are high risk of life when done perfectly, I doubt anyone would do anything that might buy them liability.

Nice video,very interesting. Not sure cost was a major consideration.

Nice video,very interesting. Not sure cost was a major consideration.

Of course it was, they have fiduciary responsibilities above all. They wanted to to salvage it for emotional reasons, but they still had to justify it financially, especially if it was insured.

Back