Anotther good looking 6/300

Wow! I guess there are those that will put that much of an investment in avionics in a 40 year old bird.

Don't go giving me ideas.

The 260 has a higher useful load. I suppose you'd want the 300HP for mountain flying.

I believe you only loose around 7-10 knots with the 260? But you get the higher payload.

Good looking plane, and you'd get avionics and interior for a steal. Be careful with the airframe and engine though: 2815TT in a 41-year old airplane ain't much (68hrs/yr). Chances are this puppy was sitting around for a while somewhere - that's rust and corrosion. You can tell sitting time by looking at the aircraft total times during each annual. Hopefully the engine was overhauled *after* it sat around rusting. If overhauled before, don't expect full life out of it. As for airframe issues, you'll want to look for several years of healthy activity in the immediate past. And a careful eyeball during prebuy, of course.

Don't take my comments too negatively: my 'Toga had about 80 hrs/yr on it when I bought it. I know, from the logs, of a couple of different (non-consecutive) years when it had just been sitting around. The engine burns more oil than I'd like but everything else is fine. Shrug. No free lunches.

Regards,
Joe

Back