another unidentified aviator's patch

Dave Krall CFII

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Krall CFII SEL SES, Cmcl HELI
Military, no doubt, but whose:

Orange border and Tiger (winged of course, yeah!...) flying on midnight blue sky background with a few white and black tiger stripes and 7 or 8 or so gold stars in the sky.

Dave Krall CFII said:
Military, no doubt, but whose:

Orange border and Tiger (winged of course, yeah!...) flying on midnight blue sky background with a few white and black tiger stripes and 7 or 8 or so gold stars in the sky.

Got pictures?

Sounds like the VW2 patch, most pilots were left over flying tigers.

NC19143 said:
Got pictures?

Sounds like the VW2 patch, most pilots were left over flying tigers.

Thanks,
It doesn't look like any of the classic Flying Tigers I've seen, it's more modern looking I'd say but I don't know for sure. No PIX, just the original patch, about 5" dia.

Dave Krall CFII said:
Thanks,
It doesn't look like any of the classic Flying Tigers I've seen, it's more modern looking I'd say but I don't know for sure. No PIX, just the original patch, about 5" dia.

Scan it. It sounds like something I've seen from Flying Tigers Airline, the cargo carrier.

Dave Krall CFII said:
Right on Man, Thanks! That's the one.

You're welcome! All hail Google! (That's how I found it, on images.google.com with a query for "patch flying tiger orange").

Do you have one of these patches? Do you collect patches? Tell us the story of how you find them, or found this one.

Cool patch. Check out some of the patch collector web sites if you are looking to trade or sell. If it is original some people attach a lot of worth to those. Well that is for a patch.

Troy Whistman said:
You're welcome! All hail Google! (That's how I found it, on images.google.com with a query for "patch flying tiger orange").

Do you have one of these patches? Do you collect patches? Tell us the story of how you find them, or found this one.

I will usually buy almost anything with wings on it that catches my eye especially if it's shiny. That patch I bought unused as a student at an airshow at BFI because it looks so cool, and have been moving it around the pilot's lounge ever since, wondering until now what it really represented.

Back