Another TSA screener from IAD (Dulles) arrested...

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
This one was arrested for running a prostitution ring. TSA had reports that he might be engaging in this behavior since 2009.

Link 1

Link 2

This comes on top of another screener from IAD that was arrested for sexual assualt back in late November: Link

At Dulles, the backscatter (ionizing radiation) body scanners are used on almost everyone.

Dunno about TSA was in Dulles a couple of weeks back had about a 5 hour wait in line to ***** about all the flights they just cancelled at midnight, after about 2 hours of it, the United reps came out and started soliciting and taking bribes to get you out of line, it wasn't just one or two there were probably 20 of them and nobody was even trying to hide it and cash was changing hand in the open and nobody flinched. Must be the water in DC.

Dunno about TSA was in Dulles a couple of weeks back had about a 5 hour wait in line to ***** about all the flights they just cancelled at midnight, after about 2 hours of it, the United reps came out and started soliciting and taking bribes to get you out of line, it wasn't just one or two there were probably 20 of them and nobody was even trying to hide it and cash was changing hand in the open and nobody flinched. Must be the water in DC.

You're surprised that money was openly changing hands in DC?

You're kidding... right?

-Rich

I live in Montana. I try to avoid DC at all costs. The place creeps me out.

Ditto. D.C., NYC, and San Fran are all on my "do not go" list, unless there's a real need, amongst others.

D.C. is just corrupt to the core, surrounded by some of the worst violent-crime drug-ridden places in the whole country, a shining example of do-as-we-say, not-as-we-do. Great history but the current occupiers are mostly worthless.

NYC is just overcrowded. Been there on business. Hated it. Need a lot more personal space and a lot less people around.

San Fran is just on principle due to the psycho tyrants they send to Congress. Walnut Hills and the Oakland side were okay for business. Wouldn't catch me living there.

Lived a short time in L.A., wouldn't go back. KVNY was cool, but don't drive there after dark. Hung out through my first 7.0 quake (out in the desert) watching the ceiling of the house move the opposite direction of the air mattress I was sleeping on in the living room. Found out that everyone and their brother had an obnoxious car alarm that morning, too.

Chicago, lived there a short while too. Had an outdoor job. In winter. Meigs was still open then. Coldest I've ever been. Good food. Great library. You can keep the rest. Got to see my first gunshot victim to the head. Lady at an ATM a few blocks up from Lakeshore Drive on the north side. She wouldn't hand her money to a druggie. Bang. Dead on the sidewalk. Also got the joy of shuttling a severely injured homeless man to Cook County Hospital. What a hell-hole. Keep it. Made for a good laugh later when the hit TV show "ER" was supposedly based off of that hospital. Wasn't even close. Had some wonderful catfish in a South Side neighborhood I wasn't particularly welcome in, due to being a pink guy. Big friend with lots of muscle and more skin pigment than I, kept trouble away. He invited me. It was delish. We still ordered to-go, though. Wasn't smart for the skinny (at the time) pink human to hang around too long in the 'hood.

Even Denver is feeling too big for me these days. But wife isn't going anywhere. I'd get out of the city in a heartbeat if I could afford to and had a decent living figured out somewhere in the boondocks.

One thing to consider is that living in the boondocks is much cheaper than living in the city.

One thing to consider is that living in the boondocks is much cheaper than living in the city.

That would be negative in Montana for the most part, well in this area at least everything around Missoula is pretty much considered prime recreation land and is super expensive. You can get a cabin site 5-6 miles up a mountain on a USFS road reasonable, but you have to plow miles of snow covered dirt road to get home everyday, unless someone was dumb enough to buy above you and live there year round. Getting septic approval is not a small feat (Currently impossible or so I'm told), electricity isn't either. Getting a mortgage on a spot like that is impossible though.

Last edited:
Ditto. D.C., NYC, and San Fran are all on my "do not go" list, unless there's a real need, amongst others.

D.C. is just corrupt to the core, surrounded by some of the worst violent-crime drug-ridden places in the whole country, a shining example of do-as-we-say, not-as-we-do. Great history but the current occupiers are mostly worthless.

NYC is just overcrowded. Been there on business. Hated it. Need a lot more personal space and a lot less people around.

San Fran is just on principle due to the psycho tyrants they send to Congress. Walnut Hills and the Oakland side were okay for business. Wouldn't catch me living there.

Lived a short time in L.A., wouldn't go back. KVNY was cool, but don't drive there after dark. Hung out through my first 7.0 quake (out in the desert) watching the ceiling of the house move the opposite direction of the air mattress I was sleeping on in the living room. Found out that everyone and their brother had an obnoxious car alarm that morning, too.

Chicago, lived there a short while too. Had an outdoor job. In winter. Meigs was still open then. Coldest I've ever been. Good food. Great library. You can keep the rest. Got to see my first gunshot victim to the head. Lady at an ATM a few blocks up from Lakeshore Drive on the north side. She wouldn't hand her money to a druggie. Bang. Dead on the sidewalk. Also got the joy of shuttling a severely injured homeless man to Cook County Hospital. What a hell-hole. Keep it. Made for a good laugh later when the hit TV show "ER" was supposedly based off of that hospital. Wasn't even close. Had some wonderful catfish in a South Side neighborhood I wasn't particularly welcome in, due to being a pink guy. Big friend with lots of muscle and more skin pigment than I, kept trouble away. He invited me. It was delish. We still ordered to-go, though. Wasn't smart for the skinny (at the time) pink human to hang around too long in the 'hood.

Even Denver is feeling too big for me these days. But wife isn't going anywhere. I'd get out of the city in a heartbeat if I could afford to and had a decent living figured out somewhere in the boondocks.

What is up with people who feel the need to bash where other people live? :mad:

What is up with people who feel the need to bash where other people live? :mad:

Not sure it's bashing, just personal preference. I wouldn't live in DC if they wanted to give me the White House. I'm sure there's plenty inside the beltway that think living in backwards montana with piles of snow, 6 month winters and frigid temprature is just nuts.

I went through a few phases, grew up in the middle of nowhere, moved to the city and enjoyed it, got older and wanted out.

Not sure it's bashing, just personal preference. I wouldn't live in DC if they wanted to give me the White House. I'm sure there's plenty inside the beltway that think living in backwards montana with piles of snow, 6 month winters and frigid temprature is just nuts.

I went through a few phases, grew up in the middle of nowhere, moved to the city and enjoyed it, got older and wanted out.

I hedge my bets. I've got a house a few blocks from the Beltway, and I've got rural property in the mountains. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I do love DC for the cultural stuff - it's hard to get that anywhere else in the US.

DC creeps me out too. Too many government types, and their contractors trying to impress each other in suits while spending our money. Some of the museums are nice but I've been to them several time already and really don't feel the need to go much anymore. Good international food though. :)

10 of the 15 richest counties in the U.S. surround DC. There is just something strange about that.

Not sure it's bashing, just personal preference.

Yup. Just preferences and discussion.

Folks who think it's bashing usually tie self-esteem to what other's think about where they live, which is a recipe for disaster self-esteem-wise. ;)

The livin' pad is just the livin' pad. Nobody else has to like it but you. :)

George Carlin put it better:

"Actually this is just a place for my stuff, ya know? That's all, a little place for my stuff. That's all I want, that's all you need in life, is a little place for your stuff, ya know? I can see it on your table, everybody's got a little place for their stuff. This is my stuff, that's your stuff, that'll be his stuff over there. That's all you need in life, a little place for your stuff. That's all your house is: a place to keep your stuff. If you didn't have so much stuff, you wouldn't need a house. You could just walk around all the time. A house is just a pile of stuff with a cover on it. You can see that when you're taking off in an airplane. You look down, you see everybody's got a little pile of stuff. All the little piles of stuff. And when you leave your house, you gotta lock it up. Wouldn't want somebody to come by and take some of your stuff. They always take the good stuff. They never bother with that crap you're saving. All they want is the shiny stuff. That's what your house is, a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get . . . more stuff! Sometimes you gotta move, gotta get a bigger house. Why? No room for your stuff anymore."

DC creeps me out too. Too many government types, and their contractors trying to impress each other in suits while spending our money.

There's an awful lot of private equity money here (starting with Carlyle). More than most people realize. And plenty of major corporate offices unaffiliated with Federal business (including Hilton, Marriott, Volkswagen USA, Gannett, AOL, etc.) Mobil used to be here until it was bought by Exxon.

Some of the museums are nice but I've been to them several time already and really don't feel the need to go much anymore.

And plenty of temporary exhibits at the galleries to keep things fresh. I agree that Air and Space permanent exhibits get old, but the traveling exhibits at the Phillips, NGA, and others are worth revisiting.

And if you play things right, you can get invitations to some great embassy events. :wink2:
Good international food though. :)

10 of the 15 richest counties in the U.S. surround DC. There is just something strange about that.

Hasn't always been that way. It certainly wasn't that way when I grew up in the DC 'burbs. Too bad that money doesn't translate to winning sports franchises. :rolleyes:

As I said, like every other major city, it has it's pluses and minuses.

Alright, you can bash Chicago a bit, but I have been through NY, LA, DC and quite a few points in between, and it still wins. Corrupt, but all the other are worse. Dangerous, but with a little knowledge, avoidable. And still the best food selection and quality in the world, great theater, and just go north or west for all the chilling you desire.

And still the best food selection and quality in the world, great theater, and just go north or west for all the chilling you desire.

Never got a chance to do theatre, but they all travel everywhere these days... wasn't so true when I was younger.

Food: You darn right. Chicago has had the best food selection and quality of anywhere so far. Even hamburgers. Maybe a little light on good Mexican food, though. :)

Never got a chance to do theatre, but they all travel everywhere these days... wasn't so true when I was younger.

Food: You darn right. Chicago has had the best food selection and quality of anywhere so far. Even hamburgers. Maybe a little light on good Mexican food, though. :)

You guys don't go down to the south enough, there's a reason the south has the fattest folks in the US, the best food and it's too hard to resist.
Now Montana on the other hand, they should rename this place to "Chicken Strip Capitol of the World" Everything about the food here sucks and the people eat chicken strips or chicken strips. They opened up a nice, new irish restaurant in town, about 12 folks in my group went down there, friends and co-workers and such. I ordered the corned beef, the 11 others ordered chicken strips.

There's also a "Fusion" trend going on, My Asian buddies hate it, it's like really bland Asian food. Think rice with chicken strips.

Last edited:
Now Montana on the other hand, they should rename this place to "Chicken Strip Capitol of the World" Everything about the food here sucks and the people eat chicken strips or chicken strips. They opened up a nice, new irish restaurant in town, about 12 folks, friends and co-workers and such. I ordered the corned beef, the 11 others ordered chicken strips.

Get any UND student started on the "culture" of Grand Forks, ND and their dining options. :)

This article had me rolling laughing reading it after listening to a friend grouse constantly about Grand Forks...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/marilyn-hagerty-olive-garden_n_1332753.html

Get any UND student started on the "culture" of Grand Forks, ND and their dining options. :)

This article had me rolling laughing reading it after listening to a friend grouse constantly about Grand Forks...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/marilyn-hagerty-olive-garden_n_1332753.html

For reference, we drive 2.5 hrs or fly 1hr to get to an Olive Garden, no I am not kidding. It's in Couer De' Alene Idaho and it trumps any sort of italian you will find here, many people drive over there for the sole purpose of eating at Olive Garden.

For reference, we drive 2.5 hrs or fly 1hr to get to an Olive Garden, no I am not kidding. It's in Couer De' Alene Idaho and it trumps any sort of italian you will find here, many people drive over there for the sole purpose of eating at Olive Garden.

Idaho Falls has a Olive Garden now... Aeromark, the FBO has crew cars. It's a 5 minute drive to good food... Altho Couer De Alene might be a tad closer..:dunno:

Idaho Falls is a 5hr drive...

The purpose of this flight was food.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N5700W

I get it now... for some reason I had Missoula stuck in my head as being where Bozeman is... I was dreaming of the bread stix and soup and lost my mind...... again..:goofy:

as a side note... with Missoula being a collage town and as big as it is, you would think a Olive Garden could make it there.:dunno:

Last edited:
Olive Garden is Da Debil. Eat your chicken strips, (unfried of course) you'll live longer.

Back