Another stupid osh question

Missa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AsGoodAsCake
This is the first year I'm going for a signaficant time... I keep wondering if it would be worth it to bring me bike? (Traveling by car)

This is the first year I'm going for a signaficant time... I keep wondering if it would be worth it to bring me bike? (Traveling by car)

They don't allow bikes inside the fence.

A bike would only be a good idea if you want to bike the mile or so from where you park to where you enter. Campers use bikes to get around outside, too. You could use the bike to make a run to the store and such.

They have a bike corral where you can lock it up.

You could use the bike to make a run to the store and such.
And because of the way they change the roads for traffic inbound and outbound, you sometimes "can't get there from here" by car when you could perhaps throw a rock a greater distance. I recall once trying to come back to the field by car when they had the roads shifted for outbound traffic. Took about 45 minutes to drive from Hwy 41 to where I could park, and then it was a 20 minute walk to where we started from. I think maybe Chip was with me, so it's probably his fault for giving me bad directions or something. :)

They don't allow bikes inside the fence.

A bike would only be a good idea if you want to bike the mile or so from where you park to where you enter. Campers use bikes to get around outside, too. You could use the bike to make a run to the store and such.

They have a bike corral where you can lock it up.

I know you can't bike inside the fence, I'm planing on camping in scholer and was wondering if it was useful enough for the hassel of bringing it. I can also leave it locked to the bike rack on the car.

Missa

Probably so, but if you are camping with someone they'll need a bike too. The Trams makes the trip once every 45 minutes I think and takes nearly that long to get you too the gate. If you are way out it's a seroius hike.

See ya thar

I think maybe Chip was with me, so it's probably his fault for giving me bad directions or something. :)

:D

I took a bike once and never used it. I wouldn't take one again. I know Diana has made the trip to Goodwill to buy a beater once she gets there - with mixed success I think.

Hun... I couldn't find the lynch pin for my car rack last night... so I'm not sure I'll bring it. I'm not bringing anyone to camp with : ( I don't know if it's worth going and buying a pin after work today... humm... well see.

Missa

I know you can't bike inside the fence, I'm planing on camping in scholer and was wondering if it was useful enough for the hassel of bringing it. I can also leave it locked to the bike rack on the car.

Missa
Hi Missa
I will be camping at Camp S myself. I won't be there till Thursday sometime. I will be staying till Sunday. There is a memorial service for Geno Sunday at the Chapel by the museum. His brother will be there for it and Geno's name is also on the memorial wall. Hope we can get together while we are there and have a drink in Geno's honor.

Regards Mike

Hi Missa
I will be camping at Camp S myself. I won't be there till Thursday sometime. I will be staying till Sunday. There is a memorial service for Geno Sunday at the Chapel by the museum. His brother will be there for it and Geno's name is also on the memorial wall. Hope we can get together while we are there and have a drink in Geno's honor.

Regards Mike

I'll be leaving sometime on Sat. I have to get back to PA to pack for work trip leaving on Monday. : ( Thursday is the Babes dinner but Friday might work. Give me a call... PMing cell or Stop by the white board at Diana's Citabra for my location!

Missa

Yup it was a "STUPID QUESTION" alright. :yes:

Oh and BTW can I catch a ride with you Thursday night to dinner ?? :fcross:

PS I'll call you when I get in. :D

:blueplane:

Yup it was a "STUPID QUESTION" alright. :yes:

Oh and BTW can I catch a ride with you Thursday night to dinner ?? :fcross:

PS I'll call you when I get in. :D

:blueplane:

The Melissa Cab service is $20 or the dinner bill :D :D :D :D

Of course you can have a ride!

Back