Another report from rocket surgeon news writers

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
This morning I heard on "Good Morning America," "The devastation in Myanmar continues to grow."

I think the devastation for the most part happened a few a days ago. The only thing that's growing is the news and rising body count that is coming out about what happened. :rolleyes:

How could they not have known that there was a typhoon headed straight for them? What kind of pathetic dictatorship is it that doesn't warn its citizens to get out of the way? This was so incredibly preventable.

I know, the same could have applied to New Orleans. But there was warning, some people did get out, and the loss of life was an order of magnitude lower.

Now the problem may be getting the gov to accept aide. Somehow, dictatorships & communist govs (including formerly communist) don't take well to receiving help. I just hope they accept help from where ever or whoever it may come from.

How could they not have known that there was a typhoon headed straight for them? What kind of pathetic dictatorship is it that doesn't warn its citizens to get out of the way? This was so incredibly preventable.

A pathetic dictatorship that doesn't have the transportation infrastucture to get them out of the way? This is what their bus system looks like on a good day:

126719-Typical-local-Myanmar-bus-1.jpg

You may notice a lack of overcapacity. They can't even move people around normally, let alone effect an evactuation. One can't outrun a typhoon on foot. This disaster has been decades in the making.

Regards,
Joe

Back