Another letter from the FAA

superdad

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
superdad
So after sending in the info they asked for I get another letter today. Now they are wanting me to write a letter stating why and what lead up to my mis and felony's. This ticked me off!!! I started flying in 2000, always made note of it in my yearly SI medical because of chrons. Why are they just now being a pain with my back ground??!?!

If I just give up and let the time elapse will my med just be denied and I cant go LSA? The mis and felony's were from back in 1996

If you medical is 'denied' then you cannot go LSA as I understand it.

Sure you can LSA, you just have to keep a medical.
I think the combination of these two posts is a bit confusing. To clarify...

If your medical is denied, you are grounded for Sport Pilot unless/until you get a new medical application medical approved. Once you submit an application, you are stuck with the result however it comes out. So, OP cannot just walk away from the issue and go flight Sport Pilot as that failure to satisfy the FAA will automatically result in a denial of the existing application.

That's what I was thinking. So I guess I will write my letter and be judged again by my actions.

That's what I was thinking. So I guess I will write my letter and be judged again by my actions.

Approach it level headed - cool off before you send something you're going to regret. Either get someone who is qualified to look at it help you draft the response or be VERY careful not to give any more information than they request (make sure your responses are close-ended too or they will use the questions you create against you)

Approach it level headed - cool off before you send something you're going to regret. Either get someone who is qualified to look at it help you draft the response or be VERY careful not to give any more information than they request (make sure your responses are close-ended too or they will use the questions you create against you)

Agree. A qualified AME familiar with the issues or another similarly qualified advisor is probably a good choice at this point.

I did write my letter and was straight to the point and didn't come off like I was ****ed off. It was short, sweet and to the point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back