Another first

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
15 hours into my instrument training

I've been working very slowly on the rating for the past two months but this weekend was a big step forward. Saturday I logged 3.4 hours PIC and 2 under the hood in an IFR C152. Flew to KILM right seat as a safety pilot, then switched and flew left seat for the last two legs.. a 20 minute trip along the beach and a stop at KDPL for some cheap gas. Flew a localizer approach there. Next stop was an ILS into KSOP.

Sunday I flew with a friend who is a 4000 hr jet pilot (and CFII) his wife, and my girlfriend. Went to grand strand airport and flew the ils to minimums with a nice landing to boot. Trip home was great as well, flew the ILS into my home drome at night and circled to land on the opposite runway. I learned a few good tricks on this trip, esp. regarding ATC and airways.

An interesting note - the CFII who flew with me on sunday has not flown in a light single in years, he was really thrilled to go yesterday. When I firewalled it and we begun our takeoff roll on our trip home, he said "man, this part never gets old!"

Last edited:
42a20fd3-809f-7c8e.jpg

42a20fd3-80b9-98f3.jpg

Figure 8 Island, NC

Looks like fun, I'm looking forward to starting on my Instrument rating. I have 20 or 30 hours as a safety pilot which was a nice introduction.

Back