Another Cool Aviation Weather Site

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Here's another cool aviation weather site: www.mymetar.com. You can specify lists of airports whose metars you can see at a glance, as well as weather mosaics that you want to see. The really cool thing is that they are really into making it available on mobile web-enabled devices, including special apps for you iPhone bandwagon jumper-oners :). I like that it lets you create a RSS feed for your airport lists, so I have mine displayed right on my ATT/Yahoo! homepage. It's not the end-all and be-all of weather sites, but it's good to use with all of your other favorites, and as a disclaimer, this should not be used in lieu of an official FSS briefing. Enjoy!

Teller, I agree... maps.avnwx.com has been my favorite for the past couple of months, and I think I even posted about that one in the past too. But, I like this one for it's quick, "at a glance", type of features. Have any of you iPhone people tried out ForeFlight yet?

Kevin - you're welcome.

No worries... that would have been at least a month ago. I'm sure had someone else posted it I would have either missed it or forgotten by now too. Even so, that one is worth posting again because it is such a bad-a** weather site.

bad-a** weather site​

...I like that. Thanks for the compliment. I should have 45 minutes of NEXRAD animation up within the next few days -- good news is it looks great; bad news is that it'll consume more of your browsing bandwidth.

Also working hard on clouds (both visible and IR for cloud tops) but those will take another week or two to complete.

How'd you like a printout a la DUATs of current weather / TFRs / within you selected area -- something to take with you to the plane?

-Peter Buckner
maps.avnwx.com

Hi Guys..

Thanks for all the great weather sites..

Does anybody know why mymetar is showing the metars for kbdr,kisp,kfrg
all as old data from 9/2/07 ? I did register and this is what I get.

Thanks for the help...

Back