Another attack on aviation

Shepherd

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Shepherd
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/26230572/lawmakers-seek-to-ban-hudson-river-chopper-tours

The fact that there has not been an incident since 2009 doesn't matter to Senator Menendez. That or he isn't getting his bribes from the flight operators.

HOBOKEN, N.J. (AP) - Tourists who want a bird's eye view of the New York City skyline might be out of luck.

U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez of New Jersey will join local officials on Friday and call for a ban of tourist helicopter flights. The Democrat believes they are a threat to the quality of life and public safety of residents along the waterfront.

Menendez and Rep. Albio Sires last year reached an agreement to reduce the hours and number of helicopter tours operating out of a heliport in Jersey City. Residents had complained that the low-flying aircraft create constant noise and safety issues.

An air corridor was established after a sightseeing helicopter and a small aircraft collided over the river in 2009, killing nine people.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

So they live in a city, and complain about noise?? Ironic.

They live in NYC and complain about safety issues?

GA has no place in a progressive world. SF basically banned helicopters 30 years ago, NYC is way behind the times.

People love to complain.

We had a two day RC event here. One the second day I am in my hangar and taxing my airplane as the sun goes up.

After I land the president of this RC club with some members in tow came up to me as I exit my airplane. They are bitching because I woke them up sleeping in their campers.

I said imagine you are camping at an airpark and you hear an airplane. That is just crazy.

People.....

Tony

Can they actually do that? I thought regulation of airspace was the sole province of the FAA.

ummm...who signed the "patriot" act again?

Someone who was not a conservative.

Why is the ACLU so hated by conservatives?

:dunno:

It is not hated by conservatives; it is hated by the people who hate it, who (depending upon whose ox is being gored at any particular moment) could be conservative, liberal, "progressive" (odd misuse of that word in current vernacular) or any other political bent.

Protection of essential liberty is a core value of any true conservative, and is well-respected by the vast majority thereof; it is not terribly surprising that such is not commonly reported, for reasons I will defer to others to describe and decry as they see fit.

Protection of essential liberty is a core value of any true conservative,

Well, except when it comes to the bedroom...

And the liberty to be free from corporate rule...

and...

and...

and...

no party is innocent on this one.

Ever look at the list of who voted for and against the Patriot Act? It's interesting in light of this discussion.

Ever look at the list of who voted for and against the Patriot Act? It's interesting in light of this discussion.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

The bill passed the House by a vote of 357 to 66. Of the 66 constitutional defenders, 62 were Democrats, 3 were Republicans, and 1 was an Independent.

Former Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis.) was the only senator who voted against the Patriot Act in 2001.

Last edited:
Modern republicans are just as progressive as democrats. Party differences are scripted by ex pro wrestling stage writers.

Modern republicans are just as progressive as democrats. Party differences are scripted by ex pro wrestling stage writers.

More accurately, Democrats are almost as regressive as Republicans. Party differences are genuine, but are tightly constrained by the corporate overlords without whose legalized bribes few candidates could afford to run a viable campaign for high-level office.

Welcome to NY. Even worse welcome to NYC.

Basically everything is outlawed.

Not to long ago it was illegal to serve over X amount of oz of soda :rofl:

This reads like a lot of complaints about people complaining :rolleyes:

Course. You control noise with clout.

Guess why Mare Daley had to bulldoze Meigs?
Could it be that Mare & Mrs. Daley's NEWLY BUILT condo was under runway 18/36?

Hundreds of murders and thousands of robberies each year and this is what they choose to go jihad on? dafuq?

Welcome to New Jersey ,chemical dump of the country,can't control air pollution ,so try the noise bit.

Back