Annual RV Day - Boone, IA - Sat. 6/14/08

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
The ?? Annual RV Day at KBNW - Boone, Iowa will be this coming Saturday, June 14, 2008. There should be tons of RV's flying in for the event, but non-RV's are definitely welcome (but don't be disappointed if we park you on the other end of the ramp ;)). If you want a chance to kick the tires on RV's or just looking for somewhere to fly to this weekend, be sure to stop in at KBNW - Boone, IA - ~30 miles north of Des Moines.

Event 'schedule' is as follows:
8:00 am - Coffee and doughnuts
10:00 am - Forum: RV-10 All Electric Considerations "No Mags & No Vac"
10:30 am - Forum: RV-10 Safety "From Maintenance to Door Latches"
11:00 am - Lunch

For more info and pics from previous events, check out: http://www.wcaircraft.com/boonervday.html

See ya'll there!

Mostly morning. People will start departing right after lunch. The last few stragglers will probably be gone by 2-3pm.

Well shucks. I guess I will pass this time. Can't get there much before noon and the party will be over. :(

Sorry you couldn't make it Greg.

We had a great turnout. 60+ planes with 40+ of those being RV's of all models and colors (including 4 completed RV-10's). We had quite a bit of wind which threw a 70*/20kt crosswind on the only paved runway.:hairraise: Everyone made it in and out safely, though. One guy tried to come in in an RV-8A and made two passes with full rudder deflection before he decided to go back home. Of course the wind died down a bit about 5 mins after he left.

Gonna take a nap and head over to a fellow RV'ers house for a post-event debrief. :)

Till next year...

Dang - just missed it! Asked my wife if she wanted to go to Boone - she said "No way! It's hotter that Hades and more humid than Miami. Haven't been to Boone since high school basketball way back when." She spent some years in Polk City.

Back