Annother colorado breakfast?

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Greeley on sunday, 9/22? About 10 am?

I swore when I read this late last night it says Saturday. Oh well. Was going up go up this afternoon and developed a hellacious sinus headache from something. Probably all the crap that spring back to life with all the rain.

Anybody up for another breakfast run this weekend?

I'm in for Sunday.

Steve

Excellent! any preference for destination? I'm up for a mountain trip and can probably provide transport if folks want to try something new about 1.5 hrs west and north from Denver.

Excellent! any preference for destination? I'm up for a mountain trip and can probably provide transport if folks want to try something new about 1.5 hrs west and north from Denver.
Checking on the troops?

1.5 hrs for you is 2 hours for me. Depends what time you're leaving, I may need a ride if there's an empty seat.

1.5 hours west for me is about Rifle or Grand Junction, so you call it. My only requirement is hard surface greater than 5000'.

Of course I'm excellent self loading freight as well with a slight aptitude for button pushing and knob turning should someone need/want to ignore the view outside and log some hood time. :D

Steve

We got 7,000 feet paved public airport in the middle of nowhere, DWX. I'll check on the car in the morning. Breakfast (or lunch) is about 10 miles away and very good. I really like the flight because you can go high or get down in the hills if you want.

Car will be moved to dwx today. It's a field car so don't expect much. What time do folks want to go?

The runway has some slope to it so don't be fast landing to the west (downhill). As usual keep a sharp eye out for critters and other things on the runway since it doesn't get much use. I think they've got the self serve 100ll working again but don't count on it. Bring your own tie downs.

Last edited:
I'll vote for leaving at 8 again which will put us on the ground and tied down about 9:30 or so for food and then about a half hour drive to the field. Alternatively if other folks want to show up later we good eat after the field tour. Guess I should look at the weather...and don't worry about the hat - I'll give you a plastic one to wear.

Last edited:
I'll vote for leaving at 8 again which will put us on the ground and tied down about 9:30 or so for food and then about a half hour drive to the field. Alternatively if other folks want to show up later we good eat after the field tour. Guess I should look at the weather...and don't worry about the hat - I'll give you a plastic one to wear.
Looking at the weather at my house this morning it will be cold up there. It was 32F with frost on the roof. See you somewhat before 8.

Looking at the weather at my house this morning it will be cold up there. It was 32F with frost on the roof. See you somewhat before 8.

Does this qualify as an FAA approved weather brief since it came from an ATP?

Does this qualify as an FAA approved weather brief since it came from an ATP?
Nah, I'm just an average person now. Hey the sky was blue when I went for my morning walk. :goofy:

Hate being "that guy" but spouse reminded me I already have a commitment tomorrow. :mad2:

Oh well, happy wife happy life. Have fun and I'll try to make it next time.

Steve

Hate being "that guy" but spouse reminded me I already have a commitment tomorrow. :mad2:

Oh well, happy wife happy life. Have fun and I'll try to make it next time.

Steve
I'm guessing the spouse doesn't want to go to Wyoming? :dunno:

I need to bail...can't get to FTG before 9 am, so have a good time!

Hadn't piped up because it's been a hell week but getting better. Probably go flying tomorrow anyway but won't make this one. Would be kinda cool to see Clark's digs up north, but have seen similar before. ;-) Have fun y'all.

It ended up being lunch, not breakfast for logistical reasons. Thanks to Clark for the ride and the educational day. I've been around people in this industry quite a bit through flying them around, but never had much idea how it looked close up.

Also got to see the former DIA...

Last edited:
And helicopters...there were helos all over DWX. Rumor has it that three or four helicopters were supporting some seismic work in the area. A couple Lama's (one on a trailer), a Hughes 500 turbine, and an A-star. Most activity I've seen there.

Not many places where the airplanes in sight are outnumbered by the helicopters. Of course the only two airplanes in sight were yours and the Falcon.

Last edited:
Back