Anniversary Flight!

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Today my beautiful wife and I celebrate 18 years of togetherness. To celebrate, we're taking our first overnight flight since I got my rating 10 years ago... that took TOO LONG!

The weather's been awful here in the DFW area for weeks, and my BFR actually expired... you may recall the FBO had 'scheduling challenges' when I tried to do my BFR on time last month, and I had to cancel the rescheduled BFRs on Friday and Saturday due to low ceilings, fog, etc. Got the oral portion of the BFR knocked out yesterday afternoon; an eager CFII, who hasn't been flying much due to the weather either, met me at the airport at 6:30 this morning to knock out the flying portion. I spent most of it under the hood (you'd like him, Ron!), including all of my slow flight, steep turns, stall series, tracking a radial out to the practice area, etc.

The systems that have been causing us grief here have all moved east, and will be causing a blizzard in the NE in the next day or so, but all of OK and TX are clear and a million, albeit a little cold this morning, but warming up to 60 by tomorrow.

So, we're off in about an hour, for T82's Hangar Hotel. May stop at Llano for Coopers BBQ, since we've not been there and it's on the way. In fact, I just looked and Llano (KAQO) has not yet been claimed for Go Fly America, so I've targeted it and will plan to stop!

Troy, I'm glad to see you're up and flying again. I hope it is a fun trip and a great day aloft for the two of you.

We had a great flight. Claimed KAQO for GFA.org (well, submitted the claim!).

Here are pictures of the trip.

I realize now, looking on GFA.org, that there are a ton of airports in that quadrant that need to be claimed. Looks like I have some purpose to some future flying!

Back