Angie's List

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Anyone here use or subscribe to Angie's List? Is it worth it? What are your experiences?

My nextdoor neighbor did. She liked the reviews but said she was sent a LOT of e-mails about different vendors and services she didn't need or want.

Best,

Dave

There are lot of accusations that they go after contractors to advertise to get better placement.

I don't trust any service that makes you pay to see any of the product.

Had a subscription for a year. Found better contractors every time I needed one through personal references.

I have a subscription. I've not found it quite as useful as I thought it would be. I guess I just don't do that much hiring of contractors. I don't recall getting any sort of spam or other unwanted email out of it however.

I did file a negative report on one company and the experience wasn't particularly pleasant nor did it have any affect on the non-responsive landscape contractor.

In the DC area there's a publication called Washington Checkbook that I find to be at least as good as AL, if not better. I use it instead of AL.

I am an independant contractor. I know my area pretty well. I do not show up on AL. Of the ones who do, I would recommend about half. 25 percent are so-so, and 25 percent..NO WAY IN (&^*$%&$&

Back