And you thought aviation parts were expensive...

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD

My Bush Hog, side by side, TH4400 needs new rear brakes. So I ordered some online on Saturday. All the suppliers were about the same price...$90.

I just called the supplier to make sure that was for 4 pads...enough to do both sides...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That's each freakin' side!

I wish someone sold the friction mat'l---I'd "repad" my pads---but I can't find any evidence of it.

What's a "Bush Hog"? Is that a motorcycle?

Just be glad it doesn't have that expensive green paint on it...

What's a "Bush Hog"? Is that a motorcycle?

Bush Hog is a brand name...they make lots of farm equipment, especially noted for their brush hogs.

A side by side is one of these:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10531828_huge.jpg
    10531828_huge.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 369
dumb question - can you take an old pad down to the local autoparts store (or a junk yard) and find one that would match or be close enough to work?

At $180 (or $360), it might be worth your time.

That's just stupid, lol. They better be ceramic for that price. It's about $250 for a set on my car, but they're Brembos

My Bush Hog, side by side, TH4400 needs new rear brakes. So I ordered some online on Saturday. All the suppliers were about the same price...$90.

I just called the supplier to make sure that was for 4 pads...enough to do both sides...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That's each freakin' side!

I wish someone sold the friction mat'l---I'd "repad" my pads---but I can't find any evidence of it.

Take the old shoes to a brake or clutch shop. They will repad them. If there isn't one close contact Lincoln Clutch & Brake 402 475-1439. Good people, fast service, reasonably priced.

Last edited:
dumb question - can you take an old pad down to the local autoparts store (or a junk yard) and find one that would match or be close enough to work?

I wish, these things are extremely small and cheaply built compared to automotive pads.

Take the old shoes to a brake or clutch shop. They will repad them. If there isn't one close contact Lincoln Clutch & Brake 402 475-1439. Good people, fast service, reasonably priced.

Thanks for that! I have two sets coming...but I'll send the old ones to them and have them install new friction mat'l for future need...the front brakes aren't in the best shape either...but not worn out like the back brakes were.

I wish, these things are extremely small and cheaply built compared to automotive pads.

Thanks for that! I have two sets coming...but I'll send the old ones to them and have them install new friction mat'l for future need...the front brakes aren't in the best shape either...but not worn out like the back brakes were.

Send the old ones off to be rebuilt, return the new ones for full credit, send me 1/2 of what you save! :D:goofy:

;)

Can't afford the downtime...had the new set overnighted...

BTW Larry,

I called those guys just now. Dave said they can't rebuild disc brake pads. Bummer.

I bought a new set but I thought I'd have them rebuild the old ones just to have them around as spares.

Thanks anyway for the lead...it was worth a shot.

Bush Hog is a brand name...they make lots of farm equipment, especially noted for their brush hogs.

A side by side is one of these:

attachment.php

Just out of curiosity, what do use that for?

Is it just me or is that front right tire going flat too?

Just out of curiosity, what do use that for?

Lots of things around the "farm." Put the 25 gallon sprayer in the bed and go spray; load gravel in the back and spread it on the drive (mine, unlike the one pictured, has a 1/2 ton power dump bed); in the winter, I load it up with firewood and park it in the garage; load a deer on it and haul it out of the woods; load tree limbs on it and haul them to the burn pile; etc.

Is it just me or is that front right tire going flat too?

Looks like it...that one's not mine, just an image I grabbed off the Internet of one very similar to mine.

Pfffft...

Try getting parts for a geothermal heatin/cooling system.
- pump: $500 x 2
- labor about $300
- big calendar and pump to "burp" the line: how does $1400 for the rental sound?

Airplanes are cheap..

Lots of things around the "farm." Put the 25 gallon sprayer in the bed and go spray; load gravel in the back and spread it on the drive (mine, unlike the one pictured, has a 1/2 ton power dump bed); in the winter, I load it up with firewood and park it in the garage; load a deer on it and haul it out of the woods; load tree limbs on it and haul them to the burn pile; etc.

I get all that but I think we would have trouble with those little front tires in the groves. The ground is too soft for skinny wheels and they tend to sink, or spin uselessly.

I get all that but I think we would have trouble with those little front tires in the groves. The ground is too soft for skinny wheels and they tend to sink, or spin uselessly.

Must be an optical illusion in that photo. The tires are in no way skinny and I've never had any issues with them sinking into soft ground.

Here's a better shot:

BUSH%20HOG%20TH4400%20HONDA%20ENGINE_full.jpeg

How much air pressure you run in those tires? We tend to like fat tires with like 4 to 6 pounds pressure. It makes rolling over roots, and rocks much more comfortable. One of my grandsons swears he likes 20 but that is way too tight for me.

We like to use tractors, duel wheel pickups, and the occasional cut down, old school bus, and put fat tires on them.

Must be an optical illusion in that photo. The tires are in no way skinny and I've never had any issues with them sinking into soft ground.

Here's a better shot:

BUSH%20HOG%20TH4400%20HONDA%20ENGINE_full.jpeg

If a pickup with fat tires will work one of those side by sides will definitely work. They weigh next to nothing and have plenty of tire for normal utility work. It's what they were designed for. 4wheel drive with locking differentials standard, it's hard to get em stuck.

Out here we use them for slightly different things

DP-Wildcat-Sport-7.jpg

A few years back at OSH JD had set up a little track and were demoing various Gators. They had one sporty looking HP one and I said, "I want that one." and they gave it to me. :rofl: I floored the thing around the whole track, caught air a few times including a whoop to whoop jump and a major berm shot off the back turn. I asked to go again and they said "no". :D

You think your brush hog brakes are expensive, I was quoted 6k for my motorhome brake job.

10psi in all four for "normal" operation. 15 to 20 psi in the rear tires if I'm hauling gravel and really loading it down.

We have sugar sand here and the less pressure the better. Of course, the usage is completely different, also, as we haul citrus crates, spray rigs, feed, and all kinds of people around, too...

Back