and they are off

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
flight aware shows adam and dave headed for cincinatti, glad to see they made it out.

nothing on edfred yet. anyone else still left?

no, edfred left this morning. according to steve in a different post, adam/dave and edfred left right after him. must be VFR as no flight track is up. I also noticed that adam/daves track ended about halfway to cincinnatti (sp?) with groundspeeds ungodly low, 74 kts, so i imagine they had to land somewhere short for gas. wonder if they were planning on getting home tonight, got a late start for it if so.

Their plan was to stop in Kentucky somewhere for gas. Poor guys. They can't catch a break getting home.

tonycondon said:
no, edfred left this morning. according to steve in a different post, adam/dave and edfred left right after him. must be VFR as no flight track is up. I also noticed that adam/daves track ended about halfway to cincinnatti (sp?) with groundspeeds ungodly low, 74 kts, so i imagine they had to land somewhere short for gas. wonder if they were planning on getting home tonight, got a late start for it if so.

That's interesting, we were on a similar course and had a ground speed of about 120 kts the whole way :dunno:

The fellow (John Clifford?) and his son from Virginia who flew in with Bill Cloughley in his yellow Citabria in their red Citabria were the only ones left after the 3 planes today. He didn't seem to be in too big a hurry to leave Gaston's, which is the way it should be.

We picked up a 15kt tailwind at 7500' no doubt due to Alberto sucking wind....

Dave and I did make it home tonight. We left Gastons at around 10 flew to KCVL (Ash Flat AR) for $3.10 Av Fuel. Skys were low and misty. I filed IFR to Cincinati Lunkin b/c it had an ILS hoping to cancel when it cleared up and go to 0I8 Cynthian KY for $3.25 Av Fuel. As it turned out it didn't really clear up till later plus we had an encoder problem in the Transponder so they were gonna have problems getting us into LUK we diverted to 0I8 then . Since it was bummpy as hell under the layer I filed again to Wings Field.
We left Gastons at 10 left Ash flat around noon had to wait for an IFR arrival to get in. Then arrived in Cynthian KY at 4 something and left at 5:10PM arrived back at KLOM Wings in Philly at exactly 9:35pm. Exhausted since we had to file and I flew both legs. FWIW the GS to KY was not what you said FightAware reported we were seeing around 104-107kts whoopeee.Perhaps you saw the speed in the climb.
Anyway it was awesone meeting everyone I wish I could have spent more time with you all. I'll post more later.

Back