An Interesting Request....A young, but very qualified, Chief Pilot I know just receiv

Nostalgair

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Nostalgair
An Interesting Request.

A young Chief Pilot I know just received this interesting email.

"An email I received: "Hi, I would like to go on the flight but since I'm a private pilot, I do not like the thought of a flight where I could not reach the controls in the event of some problem with the pilot. Can you assure me the right hand front seat? I just do not like the idea of being killed in the back seat of a light aircraft when maybe I could have helped."

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not the best business plan to kill off your customers. :D

Re: An Interesting Request....A young, but very qualified, Chief Pilot I know just re

Who is your friend a chief pilot for? Cape Air, or an EAS carrier flying nine passenger aircraft?

I bet the dude who wrote the email also intruduces himself to the cockpit crew when boarding airliners. Hopefully he shows up to the flight wearing epaulets.

Re: An Interesting Request.

I just do not like the idea of being killed in the back seat of a light aircraft when maybe I could have helped."
Contrary to that statement, it's possible that it's someone who does want to die...and take everyone else with him.

Note I said "possible" not "probable".

Re: An Interesting Request....A young, but very qualified, Chief Pilot I know just re

The tone of the email raises some huge red flags.

The tone of the email raises some huge red flags.
Ditto.

Very suspicious. Seems to either be off some (mentally) or possibly have nefarious intent or be a gag.

I'd put him/her on a no fly list. ;)

someone watched airplane too many times

Harbor air would ask, "any pilots here" as they boarded, and would seat them in the right front of the Navajo chieftain. If not they would seat a kid there.

The response should be "No problem, as soon as you are checked out in the aircraft, we can assure you a front seat. I suspect this can be done in less than ten hours (assuming you are already multi-rated). Please remit a check for $4500 to cover the checkout."

Best of thread!

Back