An interesting idea......

Hmmm would have rather seen a Beach rather than a Cirrus, but neat.

anything like that on the west coast? I know there is a new company waiting certification flying pc-12s on a subscription style service...forget the name though.

I think it would be more interesting if the cost wasn't $1,000/hour. If I'm going to pay that much, I'd rather fly the T-6 Texan for $200/hour less.

Does it really cost that much to operate a cirrus as an air taxi, plus provide a reasonable profit? That is a serious question, because if it doesn't, then one of these days you're going to get serioulsy undercut.

Does it really cost that much to operate a cirrus as an air taxi, plus provide a reasonable profit? That is a serious question, because if it doesn't, then one of these days you're going to get serioulsy undercut.

I imagine setting up a proper Part 135 operation with AOC costs a pretty penny.

I got some quotes from someone at Blue Ash about a year ago to fly our workers down and back to KTRI for a project we were working on there. The quotes were good but the return trip for the pilot kinda killed the deal.

I would think it is a hard business to maintain an acceptable profit.

I got some quotes from someone at Blue Ash about a year ago to fly our workers down and back to KTRI for a project we were working on there. The quotes were good but the return trip for the pilot kinda killed the deal.

I would think it is a hard business to maintain an acceptable profit.

That's us!!

I think I talked to Terry or Bill at Aviators, Looked at a Navajo and the Cirus

Yep, a 31-350 and a SR-22 are our two ships, we also have a "club" SR-20 that we keep up to 135 snuff so we can use it as a back up, most trips it is only a few minutes slower than the other two planes.

As you mentioned the return for the pilot and plane can affect the bottom line if you are staying a while.

The SR-22 worked out to be the best cost but was still about $600 more than driving so we just had them drive. I would fly my Arrow down when I needed to go to the job site which actually saved money on the trip.

Back