An impromptu, uh, drive-in

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
I was stuck in Spokane, WA for a couple of days and happened to remember that our own Don McGilvray is from there... So I got on POA, sent him an e-mail, and thankfully he got it before I had to leave. We had an excellent conversation over some prime rib and then headed to the airport.

We didn't fly at all (Don is touching up the paint near some of the seams on his wings) but I got to see N741DM. It's one of the best-looking Cherokees I've ever seen. The exterior is very shiny, the interior is in excellent shape, and it's got a really interesting panel - there's a nice-looking blue overlay that covers up a sheet of Lucite, there are lights in between the instruments underneath the overlay but in the middle of the Lucite, which transmits the light to the instruments. I've never seen anything like it before.

Oh, and the polished prop and spinner (complete with paperwork) adds a nice touch as well.

Plus, Don is a very nice guy. We have more in common than just flying, so we talked about commercial vehicles quite a bit as well. It made the two-day wait in Spokane well worth it. Thanks Don!

(and all you PNW'ers need to get together and take a couple of planes to Gaston's next year!)

Back