AN-225 in Wichita

Teller1900

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
I am a dad!
Photo gallery is here.

no i didn't go look at it, but i did see it on the news

What they ARE is a question for someone much much smarter than me (Tony?)! All I know is what they aren't. :D Helpful, right?

If I knew you better I might venture a comment on your intelligence, but I'm way too polite to do that........as far as you know. :D With Buran in place, they look like they are designed to split air flow.....but then that is a guess.

Last edited:
Anyone know when they repainted it? I saw it when Children of Chernobyl Relief Fund had it flying all over the place back in 90-something, but it was still painted with the red stripe on it then.
She's a sight to see. When she came to EWR they landed downwind on 22(L, Im pretty sure...it IS longer) which had some folks nervous.
When they left for their next stop they had some sort of hydraulic failure and the crew had to hand crank the gear down.:yikes:

i'm pretty sure Teller would prefer not being called an anything nazi. and pressing the shift key is too much work

i'm pretty sure Teller would prefer not being called an anything nazi. and pressing the shift key is too much work

Update: perhaps I heard it (verbal) not saw it. Or maybe it was a text. Who knows. I just remember there was a discussion about writing, grammar, etc.

Yeah, I guess the shift key is kind of out of the way on my keyboard and very hard to press. Too much work.

Don't know if this has been posted here. Seemed appropriate.

I watched them depart from KPIA and they used the ENTIRE 10,124 runway.At rotation you could see just a sliver of light below the wings and fuselage, which did not grow larger. The a/c merely got smaller.

They were carrying three Caterpillar Mining trucks, DIRECT Siberia.

Tony is smarter than you?
At all things engineering, aerodynamics, science, and aviation - most decidedly yes. At typing...apparently not. :rofl:

debatable. one of us sits at a desk all day, the other flies Piaggio's. Who sounds smarter now?
The people who boss us both around?

Tony, I think I'm quoting him on that statement.
HA, no worries, but thanks for standing up for me, Tony. I think I actually did refer to myself in that way when talking to Kim. I think that's the only way in which someone can be called a Nazi without it being strongly insulting. At least, I take it to mean that I am always correct in my grammar and punctuation, almost to a fault. :) :yesnod:

You could just always type in Caps Lock, Tony.

If I knew you better I might venture a comment on your intelligence, but I'm way too polite to do that........as far as you know. :D With Buran in place, they look like they are designed to split air flow.....but then that is a guess.
Haha, at least you're polite enough to say you could insult me, but then to not ACTUALLY insult me. :D

I watched them depart from KPIA and they used the ENTIRE 10,124 runway.At rotation you could see just a sliver of light below the wings and fuselage, which did not grow larger. The a/c merely got smaller.

They were carrying three Caterpillar Mining trucks, DIRECT Siberia.
The used to come in to IWA once every month or two while I was down there; hauling industrial generators. They'd land on the outboard runway, taxi to the far numbers and shut down. And there they'd sit, on the runway, for the week. Then a tug would come turn them around, and they'd blast off in the opposite direction. Ridiculous airplane!

Back