AME's: Post-"procedure" documentation for FAA Medical?

U

Unregistered

Here's a question for the AME's to chime in on, hopefully with a definitive reference - if there is one - from the "AME Manual" (or whatever the FAA document is that guides AME's.):

In the past year, I have had a routine (old guy) colonoscopy and an inguinal hernia repair (recurrent from 20 years ago). The colonoscopy was normal and the hernia repair went fine. I am trying to determine if I need to bring any documentation with me to my AME when I go in for my FAA First Class Medical Exam in a couple months. From what I have researched so far, there seems to be a difference of opinion, with some folks just saying disclose it; and others saying that you must also bring a letter or other documentation from the Doctor stating that "all is ok" or something like that. Is this difference just at the personal discretion of the AME, or is there some definitive guidance on this in the "AME Manual"? And if this is the case, if any AME on the board can reference/cite/provide a link to the appropriate language or section on this topic, I'd really appreciate it.

There is nothing in the Manual. If the doc/surgeon is known to me, it makes life easier. But colonoscopies are so common that for me that ranks up there with a CT scan.

There is no guidance. Why don't you ask the AME in advance?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back