"American 432 Need you to hold another hour.."

Huh? That article had nothing to do with AA and having to hold.

Add after the dots: "we have no controllers available at the moment, they are all working on Cash for Clunkers."

Well the tinfoil hat argument aside. The thread title is at best an unfounded allegation.
I guess I should have said it takes a bit of reading between the lines AND an overactive imagination. Beyond that I will leave it alone since I don't see the pretty green borders.

Yeah...I got it

billions of dollars behind in paying "cash-for-clunkers" rebates, has hired private contractors and solicited volunteers from the Federal Aviation Administration and its own executive ranks to work overtime to clear the backlog.

Well, *I* thought it was funny...

What "I" thought was, "OMG, what a waste."

Greg:

the scope of waste this ludicrous program represents is staggering. So many perfectly-viable vehicles being destroyed, and at taxpayer expense.

Stooooopid.

Sorry you feel others here aren't allowed to show a little humor. I wasn't trying to make "an allegation".

Get your panties untwisted. Jeez.

The U.S. Transportation Department, billions of dollars behind in paying "cash-for-clunkers" rebates, has hired private contractors and solicited volunteers from the Federal Aviation Administration and its own executive ranks to work overtime to clear the backlog.

Employees of the FAA's air-traffic-control unit were asked to help, but the Transportation Department stressed Friday that essential safety personnel were not diverted from their duties.

It sounds like they are sending all the executives out to help so the reverse might be more accurate.

"American 432, you are cleared direct..."

Greg:

the scope of waste this ludicrous program represents is staggering. So many perfectly-viable vehicles being destroyed, and at taxpayer expense.

Stooooopid.

We should have shipped the cars to Cuba. Updated their fleet. Upped our exports. Get a rebate and a box of Cuban cigars. :cheerswine:

Back